The Lord Tech review.

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
JarmoP

The Lord Tech review.

Post by JarmoP »

The delivery was fast. I ordered it on Amazom on the 3th and it arrived in 8th to my home in Finland.

The code for it is on the package as L.122. It is an all metal razor and blade loads just like in my inhereted aluminium handle Tech, the Sportsman was I think the model it was sold then. The head/guard design is very similar and it adjusts the blade on the end flaps of a DE blade.

So I loaded it with a Derby and used MWF soap to lather my Tweezerman brush on face. And had a good 3 pass shave.

I skipped a shave&shower yesterday since the central heating system dries up my skin somewhat here up north.

The Lord is a light razor and a longer handled one than my other razors. The handle was not slippery at all when shaving. The little finger I did not use I think behind the handle end like I do with my other razors. The handle end is though slipperery, so that technique is not suited to it. I felt it was good in my darts arrow grip I use.

The agressiveness/mildness comment I cannot say much so far since I seem able to get a good shave with any of my fixed head razors. Under my chin ATG it felt good and easy to shave.

Jarmo
Jarmo
michiganlover

Post by michiganlover »

The Lord Tech is a very good budget minded razor. All metal construction, and the head is not built out of very thin gauge metal as some budget minded razors are.

It shaves very much like the Tech it is modeled after.

Although not presently available in the US, there is a newer model of this razor (The LP 1822) that has a Merkur style head, instead of the Tech head. That particular razor is superb, and a vast improvement over the Lord Tech.

Be aware, that the LP1822 was also sold in the past with the Lord Tech head.

The Lord Smart is available in the States through Shoebox, and has the same Merkur style head, but paired with a plastic handle, making it very head heavy. It's a nice razor, but not as excellent as the model with the metal handle.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Another vote for the Lord Tech, close copy of the original Tech with a longer handle. Wish I had bought a dozen when Giovanni was still in business.
Regards,
Squire
michiganlover

Post by michiganlover »

Squire wrote:Another vote for the Lord Tech, close copy of the original Tech with a longer handle. Wish I had bought a dozen when Giovanni was still in business.
Shoeboxshaveshop sells them for a very good price, and Shaveabuck is cheaper still. :D
~JOHN~

Wet Shaver's Mantra:

Go Slow. Proper Angle. No Pressure.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Thanks John, very interesting sites.
Regards,
Squire
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

The amazon link I got mine is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Tech-Double- ... 17&sr=8-11

The total cost including shipping was $10.98 (EUR 7,57).
When I ordered it the time estimate was something like from 17th of this month or later, but in 5 days I got it. So very fast. The few times I have ordered shaving things from US the usual time is like 2 weeks.
Jarmo
Gweezemeister

Post by Gweezemeister »

Always like to get into a conversation 3 years after the fact. Just bought both the Lord tech and the Premium from Amazon.ca. Both are pretty good.

I especially like the Tech. One needs to be careful to ensure both sides of the blade are properly aligned but the shave (use Shark and Astras) is very good.
Andy