travel razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
faceslice

travel razor

Post by faceslice »

hi all
looking for a travel razor, any recommendations
merkur was in a thought .
thanks fs 8)
QUICK PASS THE STYPTIC STICK
lordjohn

Post by lordjohn »

I usually run with a Gillette Rocket or Schick injector. I have a Merkur but I never use it, prefering vintage hardware..
John
michiganlover

Post by michiganlover »

close shave wrote:Feather Portable :D
+1 Good quality, and dirt cheap.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I like a Gillette Tech, or a Bic sensitive.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

I have two Gillette Slim Adjustables which I don't use on a regular basis since I acquired a Super Adjustable.

The Slim fits nicely in a plastic soap travel container, along with a pack of blades and a 1-oz. tube of Pierre Cardin brushless shave cream.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

face when driving I'll pack what ever suits my fancy. When flying I pack something that wouldn't bother me if it got lost. Lord Tech and Click models come to mind.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Personally, I don't travel with anything rare, expensive, or difficult to replace, but I do take a good razor ( which I can because it's packed in the checked through luggage....carry on is another story, unfortunately ). Often it's my Type N2 Schick Injector because it's compact and superb at giving a good shave even if I'm hurried. But I have, on occasion, taken a Gillette Superspeed.
Regards,
Gordon
faceslice

travel

Post by faceslice »

hi all and thanks
just had a look at the feather on the net ,seems a reasonable option , i have a spare tech so that's a nice cheap option to break down and pack .
thanks again .
fs :idea:
QUICK PASS THE STYPTIC STICK
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

Any razor can be a travel razor. They are all small. If you need to fly then Bic sensitives as Wendel told would be my choice too. Or as usual I just package my Braun battery razor if it is for a few days. I shaved with them over 30 years, so it is routine hard to dismiss totally.
Jarmo
swarden43

Post by swarden43 »

JarmoP wrote:Any razor can be a travel razor. They are all small.
JarmoP beat me to it. I was wondering, are full size razors so large that they take up too much room in your luggage to prevent the addition of other necessities?!?! Sheesh! I toss my razor (wrapped in a handkerchief for a little protection) into my toiletries bag. It all fits.

I do have a couple of travel razors. More just to have than anything. I'm just not crazy about their performance.

Anyway, Faceslice, if your interested in a travel razor, I hope you find one you like :) .
Take care and God bless,
Steve
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

I've been trying to figure out a decent travel combo recently - taking the Merkur, standard brush, and cake just wasn't doing the job. How to the Bic Sensitive disposables perform? I bought a pack this weekend but am a bit afraid of trying them out just yet.
Regards,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Mike if you have been using a Merkur then the Bics should be no problem.
Regards,
Squire
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

A soap case, an eyeglass case, a tin of altoids, or a maglite AAA case are all great travel cases for a 3 piece razor.

The Feather portable and Gillette Travel Tech also work real well.
Ed
DEF

Post by DEF »

The Bic Sensitive and a tube of Musgo Real (used brushless) have served me well on the road.
Doug
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

I put my Progress in its case and use that if I have space. If not, I use a Merkur travel razor in a hammered metal case. I've taken that as carry on, with a couple of blades in the case as well, so I suspect it must go through the x-ray without attracting attention.
Now that I think of it, though, I've taken the Progress in its plastic case with a blade in it as carry on successfully, so it's probably just random.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Nick Freeh

Post by Nick Freeh »

A 1954 Gillette Tech and Speick shave stick have been my travel kit lately. Despite the Tech's reputed mildness, I get excellent shaves with it. I break down the Tech and put it in a travel soap container, padded with foam rubber. There is enough added room in the container for a pack of blades. The Speick stick is carried in a plastic pill container, and my brush is carried in a larger plastic pill container with holes drilled in it for ventilation. It's not quite like home, but it works well.

-Vance
ateace

Post by ateace »

It's true that you can take whichever razor you choose with you, but my approach - with any of my travel gear - is to bring inexpensive items that won't be mourned if lost and can be replaced easily.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

And there's the no hassle approach of buying what you need when you get there.
Regards,
Squire
highball

Post by highball »

jww wrote:I like a Gillette Tech, or a Bic sensitive.
+1