Additions to the shaving arsenal.

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Additions to the shaving arsenal.

Post by L. Martino »

Hiya,

Stopped at some estate sales recently and I actually found a few shaving items! Yeah, it was amazing....two places I stopped at had something fun. Heh, one place was a garage sale, and the razor wasn't even on display. The seller grabbed it from somewhere inside the house.

First pics are of the 1911 Single Ring. This one's in great shape and has a box with an unusual clasp, plus the writing on the bottom. There's also a hone in one pic, called a True Edge brand.

Next couple is a Senator and 1934 type Aristocrat. The Senator is in ok shape, and should be a nice shaver for me. I have a Sheraton(same razor in gold) that I use a few times a month. This one's got a slight hitch when the doors are in operation, but they lock down tight and even.

The Aristocrat's in good shape, although most of the gold's worn very thin on the head. Doors open and close nicely, and the gap on the head is very tight and even when closed. This is another razor I like using occasionally, since it's also on the mild OC side.

I'm never optimistic when going to sales like these and it's always a kick to find something worth buying. Another lucky day........law of averages I guess maybe.

Martin

I'll also mention all of these razors were VERY reasonably priced........

merkri

Post by merkri »

Very nice catches--beautiful!

I like the Soap Opera soap too.
Tommynick

Post by Tommynick »

Very nice. Some excellent finds there. Persistence pays off. Enjoy!!!
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Nice finds! Enjoy!
Regards,
David
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

Amazing, but according to the bottom of the case, that Single Ring was patented less than 6 years ago. Nice to see Gillette putting some R&D into quality products again, and the design's retro look is great.

And seriously, congratulations, Martin!

--Glenn
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

2clfrwrds wrote:Amazing, but according to the bottom of the case, that Single Ring was patented less than 6 years ago. Nice to see Gillette putting some R&D into quality products again, and the design's retro look is great.
ROLF :lol:
2clfrwrds wrote: And seriously, congratulations, Martin!

--Glenn
+1
Eric
prism

Post by prism »

Wow, nice haul Martin, congrats!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
jwhiskercut

Post by jwhiskercut »

Nice scores! I recently went to several antique shops. Out of the 4 places I stopped at, only one had razors..... and everyone of them was broke!!! :cry:

I did make off with a couple nice ever-ready brushes, so it wasn't a total loss. It just seems like good razors around here are impossible to find
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

Hiya,

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.....I appreciate that.

Martin