Gillette Regent Tech, Senator & Sheraton SHIPPERS

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
mpisarcik

Gillette Regent Tech, Senator & Sheraton SHIPPERS

Post by mpisarcik »

Hello SMF collectors. As a fellow Gillette collector, I'd like to share with the community the first ever pictures taken of some extremely rare Gillette razors and or shippers.

And certainly the first pictures taken of these razors together.

Think of them as the "long lost Gillette cousins."

Gillette Regent Tech

This is probably one of the unknown Gillette razors out there. Because it came out right before WWII started, it never had an advertisement made. And since the ads shed much light onto the history of razors, until now this razor has been unknown.

This picture finally proves once and for all that the Regent Tech and the Senator were 2 completely different razors with different shippers and cases. The official "Regent Tech" razor looks much like a notched Aristocrat, however its knurling is different.

The shipper has a matching color scheme. Truely a one of a kind find!

Gillette Senator

This razor, as the ad shows, was produced in 1938. It was also a Pre-WWII razor. However, it was out long enough to have an advertisement made, unlike the Regent Tech.

The photo shows an original Senator in the correct case, clearly a different razor than the Regent.

Gillette Sheraton

Much is known about the Sheraton, but I'm unaware of anyone else photographing a shipping case.

This could have been because the majority of Sheratons were sold in Christmas sets.

Well here you have a self-standing shipper case that the Sheraton came in. The color scheme is quite unique.

I thought I'd share these rare razor pictures with the shaving community. Hopefully this will clear up any misunderstandings about these razors.

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions about these or other Gillette razors.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Well, you've just made my day and probably a few others', too. Thank you!
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

I always love it when the collection and the ads are together. I have an Aristocrat that came in a leather case with a tube of K-34 and two packs of blades. I don't think I found an ad for that set. I would be interested in how much it sold for back in the day.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
mpisarcik

Post by mpisarcik »

If you haven't already done so, go check out http://www.razorarchive.com. The creator has taking painstaking steps to preserve as many Gillette advertisements as possible.

It is very nice to see the razors we own/use in illustrations from the world gone by.

Pauldog- I'm glad I've made your day- putting this post together was fun and I'm glad it's appreciated! You've helped me in the past with Feather blades and provided myself and many other people I know with exceptional shaves.

Thanks guys!
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Beautiful and most impressive, Matt! (And that's an understatement!)

You've shared with us a veritable archive. Thanks!

- Murray
jwhiskercut

Post by jwhiskercut »

I believe I just drooled on my keyboard! Thanks for sharing!
copierguy

Post by copierguy »

Hello Matt,

This is the first time I've seen a shipper for a Regent Tech.

Are there any dates or patent numbers on that shipper?

Thanks so much for sharing,
Tom

May you only know close yet comfortable shaves.
mpisarcik

Post by mpisarcik »

Ask and you shall receive!

KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

From Jack Dempsey to Tiger Woods :roll:
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

Is the Regent with no endcaps the precursor to the Aristocrat WITH endcaps?
mpisarcik

Post by mpisarcik »

Correct. But take note, there is a slight difference in the knurling on the handles.