anybody used these blades ??

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
marsos52

anybody used these blades ??

Post by marsos52 »

found these the other day surfing around...
never seen or heard of them,,,can't find anything on smf either..
are we slacking!!!!

TIMOR - from Giesen & Forsthof

Kirasdad

Post by Kirasdad »

I've used these Timor's; a friend gave me two to try, and they were pretty bad :( They pulled and tugged at my beard, and just didn't seem that sharp. I used the blade for three shaves and was pretty disappointed, it just wasn't a comfortable shave for me; but you may have a different result. Good luck.
Peace,
Andrew

Those who danced were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

thanks for the info..im set fo a few years with merkur blades so im probably never going to get to try them.. since i havent seen or heard of them i figured i would just throw it out here to the forum and see what came back..

now if i hear there as good as vintage gillettes then thats a whole nother story...

marc
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

I've seen a couple Weishi razors being sold under the Timor name, so you at least have a connection. Haven't tried them though.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Kirasdad

Post by Kirasdad »

I found the following information on the ShoeBox ShaveShop website (www.shoeboxshavesop.com):

"Giesen & Forsthoff is a old name in Solingen steel.

Known primarily for their quality straight razors, they have also had a long association with Timor.

These blades have been made since the 1920s. I'm not sure how or when they acquired the rights to the great old Apollo graphics but they have. As a vintage blade collector, Jeeves is very excited to find the Apollo graphics resuscitated.

The current TIMORs are best quality Solingen stainless steel, machine honed to a Carpathian fang sharpness, teflon coated edge to deliver high-performance, durability and a smooth shave.

The plastic dispenser doubles as a blade bank for safe convienent storage and disposal.

10 blades per pack.

Use Pull-Down Menu to select quantity. The more you buy, the better the price.

1 x 10pk = $4.99, 5 x 10pk = $22.45, 10 x 10pk = $42.42"

As you can see they are not cheap!!
Peace,
Andrew

Those who danced were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

ha,,you dimed me out..found my source ...

all is good

marc