When you can't date a 10

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

When you can't date a 10

Post by KAV »

My Iridium faded out yesterday 4th pass after 7 shaves. I tried pushing it to extend my stash.By 3P.M. today my beard was demanding attention.
Sigh! 107 left and my baggie of oddball brands lay ignored; trial blades that didn't merit buying or waiting passing on to someone who enjoys kismet with them.
I'm thinking ' I'm not going to any black tie invitation anytime soon and I look better on job interviews than the interviewer.' I will 'use them up,make them do,go without' and save my iridiums for more important days.
I slip in a fresh brand X, noting Squire's rating of 6.25 and make my preps.
The razor touches my face and I'm like a soloing pilot double checking everything; the fat well brushed in antarctic drifts, blade angle held with the discipline I learned in Kendo,breathe out and-scritch from my right sideburn down an inch. I feel tugging but my razor has a white line with a dozen felled hairs, no blood. 30 minutes and 4 passes later the alum need only confront one small weaper.I can feel a few spots worthy of another pass, but hey, who's looking?
I feel better, use my calculator to figure how many weddings, job interviews and wintertime presentations of The Nutcracker Suite I have in those blue and white boxes.
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

Kav,

are you a writer for the J. Peterman catalog?? :wink:

marc
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

No, but I sleep under a blanket borrowed from a Holidy Inn by an ex GF :lol:
King-D

Post by King-D »

KAV,
I recently dipped into that "baggie of oddball brands" while waiting for my Israeli Personnas to arrive. If I load them into my Futur, they can be tamed, and even present a great shave occasionally. A couple years back I got a real surprise when I mustered enough courage to try the Treet carbon steel "Black beauties". They were cheap, and received some terrible comments from some posters, but I loved them.
David

Shave in the shower!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

good story...thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
AZShaver

Post by AZShaver »

marsos52 wrote:Kav,

are you a writer for the J. Peterman catalog?? :wink:

marc
KAV, I know you are looking for a job, why don't you consider the above a good lead?
Jim