Ikon Razors

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

the previous pic looks like an se razor :lol:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

My spidey sense says there's an iKon adjustable in the works... :wink:
-Jody (the male version)
-My personal web site featuring photo galleries of my razor collection is here.
-My Shave Cave? It's here.
merkri

Post by merkri »

IAmTheJody wrote:My spidey sense says there's an iKon adjustable in the works... :wink:
I can only hope so.
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

IAmTheJody wrote:My spidey sense says there's an iKon adjustable in the works... :wink:
Need to unleash this upon the masses first.

The knurl just makes it really stick

Little pre polish on the raw stainless steel

changabang

Post by changabang »

Very fetching. How much ya gonna charge for THAT beast?
James Nicks
jpmac55

Post by jpmac55 »

I own a Ikon Bulldog, open comb model and it likely my best razor. A work of art really.

Not sure why the Badger and Blade forum won't discuss this razor or company which is rather juvenile on their part. It's one reason why I joined this forum. I have no idea what else is censored there.
John
glassmtn

Post by glassmtn »

I don't know why the moderators at B&B banned Greg. Only they know. But I will say from reading Greg's posts on B&B that it seemed to me he was unable to take criticism. To put it politely, I felt he became very defensive in the face of any criticism.

eric.
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

glassmtn wrote:I don't know why the moderators at B&B banned Greg. Only they know.

According to them (and some direct email correspondence with a moderator there) it was for using more than one account.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I found their rules to be fairly byzantine and subject to change often enough that it reminds me of my experiences with cell phone providers.
jpmac55

Post by jpmac55 »

Pureslab wrote:
glassmtn wrote:I don't know why the moderators at B&B banned Greg. Only they know.

According to them (and some direct email correspondence with a moderator there) it was for using more than one account.
Well, I certainly didn't mean to open up a can of worms.

I used to moderate a backpacking site a few years back and appreciate the challenge of co-existing with gear company owners. That said, banning someone is one thing, not allowing his product to even be discussed is something entirely different. Imagine if someone from Merkur was unable to take criticism or had multiple accounts? Maybe a few days in the penalty box but I doubt they'd scrub or remove every word written about Merkur products as if they don't exist.

Personally, we all know the importance of big businesses but I always applaud anyone that has the guts to go it alone, whether it's making razors, shaving soap or investing in a cottage business like BullGooseShaving.

Anyways, the good news is it looks like Greg behaves himself here. 8)
John
michiganlover

Post by michiganlover »

jpmac55 wrote:That said, banning someone is one thing, not allowing his product to even be discussed is something entirely different. Imagine if someone from Merkur was unable to take criticism or had multiple accounts? Maybe a few days in the penalty box but I doubt they'd scrub or remove every word written about Merkur products as if they don't exist.
There was far more going on than simply having multiple accounts. But it's old news, and not worth rehashing.

Having multiple accounts was a clear violation of the rules, and thus an easy way to bring down the ban hammer. Why would anyone need multiple accounts anyway?
~JOHN~

Wet Shaver's Mantra:

Go Slow. Proper Angle. No Pressure.
function

Post by function »

michiganlover wrote:
jpmac55 wrote:That said, banning someone is one thing, not allowing his product to even be discussed is something entirely different. Imagine if someone from Merkur was unable to take criticism or had multiple accounts? Maybe a few days in the penalty box but I doubt they'd scrub or remove every word written about Merkur products as if they don't exist.
There was far more going on than simply having multiple accounts. But it's old news, and not worth rehashing.

Having multiple accounts was a clear violation of the rules, and thus an easy way to bring down the ban hammer. Why would anyone need multiple accounts anyway?
Let's back away from this part of the thread lest we get too far into the type of discussion that makes the other board off-putting to many here. Greg makes a pretty razor, and I couldn't be happier for the guy that he has improved his product to the point where it is getting such positive reviews.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
michiganlover

Post by michiganlover »

function wrote:Greg makes a pretty razor, and I couldn't be happier for the guy that he has improved his product to the point where it is getting such positive reviews.
That PILS like razor pictured above does look pretty awesome. :P
~JOHN~

Wet Shaver's Mantra:

Go Slow. Proper Angle. No Pressure.
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

michiganlover wrote: There was far more going on than simply having multiple accounts. But it's old news, and not worth rehashing.

That and $20 will get you a nice "contributer" badge.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gentlemen, Let's take Nick's suggestion and terminate any further discussion of the ins and outs of another board. We have always tried to discourage such exchanges and this one has certainly gone on long enough. I'm sure that this is an interesting and informative thread for many and I would hate to have to lock it.
Regards,
Gordon
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Thank you Gordon.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Indeed. There's no point in such things. One more thing: while a vendor may certainly reply to a question about his products as happened in this thread, all the luscious photos are steering it into promotion-of-my-business territory, so any further product news would be better placed in Shopping.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace