blue birds

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
gil3591

blue birds

Post by gil3591 »

so rec'd a pack of free blue birds along with my feather order. so what's up with these blades? they seem to be coated with every coating availble to mankind :lol: ps. i think the search option on our forum has a lot to be desired :cry:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

ok, never mind. i just tried one and i'm not impressed. kinda like a derby but my face doesn't feel all that great! :roll:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
LookingGlass

Post by LookingGlass »

Blue Birds work good for me. I'll pop one in a razor every few weeks or so for a change.

Ed
michiganlover

Post by michiganlover »

gil3591 wrote:ok, never mind. i just tried one and i'm not impressed. kinda like a derby but my face doesn't feel all that great! :roll:
It's long been suspected that Bluebirds are made at the Derby factory, and maybe simply Derby's in different packaging.
~JOHN~

Wet Shaver's Mantra:

Go Slow. Proper Angle. No Pressure.
MadAussie

Post by MadAussie »

-- Stu, the mad Australian living in Virginia :: Come on you Irons!! WHUFC --
- Honed on the grave stone of Bruce Lee -
Odio Barbillas
Location: Via Lactea, Orbis Terra (Sol III), Province of Nova Caesarea

Listen to my bluebird laugh; she can't tell you why

Post by Odio Barbillas »

Well, at long last I have tried a Bluebird.

The packaging does look like that of Derby blades. Its content is much different to my skin.

Derby's product was uniformly harsh for me. After using two blades, I corked each remaining one and used it once; into the old broth can with them. I was disappointed because they are so much regarded as a good mid-range shiv.

My first Bluebird has given me 2 DFS on consecutive days. Let's see what it has left in it when I start #3 in a little while.

Satisfyingly smooth! And sharp? I was impressed. In fact, I almost got nicked but stopped myself in time; so they are more forgiving than our usual scalpels are. I look forward to seeing if the other 4 blades in the pack are of the same quality. I never heard anything about the Bluebird QC so I figure it's good. Hope so. It's nice to know there are alternatives that work for me.
Michael G.
NON IMPEDITI RATIONE COGITATIONIS