Personna Prep Blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Reverend Jim

Personna Prep Blades

Post by Reverend Jim »

I've heard very little about these. Dooes anyone know if they are any good? They are aroud $30 per 100. I am trying to find a replacement for my Iridiums and Kai blades.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

There was a recent thread that had some favorable reviews. And you may be able to find them for less, probably at medical/bio supply types of places like Ted Pella.
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Thank you Paul.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I have the Personna Hospital Use blades. I don't need any other blades since I've located these, they are current production and made in USA. They cost $25 for a hundred here: http://www.robbinsinstruments.com/instr ... ouble.html
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
roboboticus

Post by roboboticus »

I second that. I still use other blades here and there, but the prep blades have become my standard.
Ivan
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Thanks guys, I ended up buying them from razorblades and more because even though they cost a bit more it was cheaper when you aded in the freight charges. I'll try them out when they arrive and let you know.
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

I like them. They are as good or better than any Russian blade I have tried. Please don't buy all of them! I found razorbladesandmore.com to really have the best price and shipping was very prompt.
yohannrjm

Post by yohannrjm »

Of course, in a hobby like this one, where personal preference means so much, there have to be people who dislike an otherwise universally liked product.

For Personna Med Preps, I'm that guy! :D

To me they don't have the sharpness of Feather's, nor the smoothness of Red Personnas.

They certainly are sharper than the regular Red Personnas, but I still haven't been able to get a nice shave with them. I'm still going to give them a really good trial, but I'm afraid I'm a 'Feather' guy now.
"The road goes on forever, and the party never ends."
The Highwaymen
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Nothing like a Feather but will be giving the Med Preps a try.
Regards,
Squire
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Something weirds me out about shaving with hospital prep blades. Can't explain it.
Richard
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I ain't touching that one.
Regards,
Squire
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Personna,made in the USA.A definite replacement for Iridiums.I think they might be cloned. :wink: