Blade Lot Gamble

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
churchilllafemme

Blade Lot Gamble

Post by churchilllafemme »

(31) Personna 74
(17) Wilkinson Sword
(6) Warner Lambert
(3) Personna Super Stainless
(3) Gillette
(1) Schick Plus Platinum

"We have no idea if all of the cases are full, but can tell you they all do have razors in them, and that there are no used razors in the back storage area."

I just bought this lot of blades on eBay and paid a pretty penny too. I'm gambling that the Personna dispensers all have multiple blades in them. To be continued.....

_______
John
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

I hope your gamble pays off. That could be a very fine stash of blades.
Rich
ScottB

Re: Blade Lot Gamble

Post by ScottB »

churchilllafemme wrote:(31) Personna 74
(17) Wilkinson Sword
(6) Warner Lambert
(3) Personna Super Stainless
(3) Gillette
(1) Schick Plus Platinum

"We have no idea if all of the cases are full, but can tell you they all do have razors in them, and that there are no used razors in the back storage area."

I just bought this lot of blades on eBay and paid a pretty penny too. I'm gambling that the Personna dispensers all have multiple blades in them. To be continued.....

I looked this over and thought the P74 packages looked pretty skanky and passed. This type of storage usually results in the blades being stuck together in the dispenser. I've read that you can soak the entire dispenser for about an hour in isopropyl alcohol and then the blades will dispense ok. That is a pretty good haul if it works out.

That other guy on the bay with the NOS P74s has 8 packs left and they might be the last anyone is going to see for a long time. I would recommend that seller and those last 8 packs which are straight out of a factory case and look like new.

Scott
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Let us know how they work out John, the 74 was a great blade.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

The majority, if not all, of those blades are excellent....if the packs are fairly full and if they are in good condition. Hope it works out well for you.
Regards,
Gordon
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Let us know how it works out.
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Well, I delved a little into the lot, and the first two Personna 74 dispensers had 4 and 5 blades respectively. Slightly tarnished, but they cleaned up just fine. So far so good.
_______
John