Injector blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Shave4Fun

Injector blades

Post by Shave4Fun »

Forgive me if there is a thread on this, but where are you guys getting new & quality injector blades these days?

Thanks,

Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

For the new manfuctured it's still Schick....the ones made in China. drugstore.com had them, also sellers on ebay advertize them. The new Schick blades from Germany don't shave as smooth, IMO.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
haiti222

Post by haiti222 »

amazon.com also has the subscribe and shave for Schick (no shipping fees, sign up on the right side of the screen). Can cancel or delay refill orders whenever you want. $16.97 for 28 blades shipped.

There is a vendor on Amazon that has the Personna 74 for a dollar a blade plus shipping NOS.

There are also the science supply vendors that sell the ASR blades that are new production. They are usually better for a large order as their shipping is high for small orders. ASR stopped selling private label to stores. The dispenser currently used is vulnerable to breakage as well.
brothers

Post by brothers »

haiti222 wrote:amazon.com also has the subscribe and shave for Schick (no shipping fees, sign up on the right side of the screen). Can cancel or delay refill orders whenever you want. $16.97 for 28 blades shipped.
Wow, I just want to thank you for providing this information. As soon as I saw this post, I jumped on Amazon and signed up. I'm going to get an automatic shipment every 6 months, from now until I decide to change it.

I was wasting a lot of time jacking around looking for bulk injector blades I could buy at around $0.80 apiece and hoard them. Now, those days are over, hopefully. I don't use many injector blades, but this way, over time I'll build up a stockpile just in case the supply eventually dries up.

Again, thanks!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
SRD

Post by SRD »

haiti222 wrote:amazon.com also has the subscribe and shave for Schick (no shipping fees, sign up on the right side of the screen). Can cancel or delay refill orders whenever you want. $16.97 for 28 blades shipped.

There is a vendor on Amazon that has the Personna 74 for a dollar a blade plus shipping NOS.

There are also the science supply vendors that sell the ASR blades that are new production. They are usually better for a large order as their shipping is high for small orders. ASR stopped selling private label to stores. The dispenser currently used is vulnerable to breakage as well.
This is where I get mine.
Dave
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Thanks, guys!

Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
Janus

Post by Janus »

Oddly enough, my latest purchase for the Chinese injector blades was from the ebay store of Chichester Pharmacy in Macon, GA. :wink:
Janus
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

I get my injector blades here:

http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/pro ... aspx#71990

About half way down on the page, item #71990. There are 20 blades in each cartridge and I believe they are made by Personna. I've been using them for years and they work great.
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Johnny wrote:I get my injector blades here:

http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/pro ... aspx#71990

About half way down on the page, item #71990. There are 20 blades in each cartridge and I believe they are made by Personna. I've been using them for years and they work great.

Same price I paid for mine at Ted Pella...5 boxes so 100 blades. This
along with 200 SE blades should hold me for a while. :shock:
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Oh yes, and 21 "Chick" injector blades as well.........RAD hearing
its ugly head again :!: