Schick Injector Aggressiveness

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Trout Whisperer

Schick Injector Aggressiveness

Post by Trout Whisperer »

Hello, gentlemen!

My L1 Schick Injector is too mild for my beard. More recently I found an M1 that shaves quite well when opened up.

Are any other injector models more aggressive than the L-type?
"Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free." — A. W. Tozer
brothers

Post by brothers »

I can't speak about many of the Schicks, but I experienced the same concerns about aggressiveness, and it seems that the adjustable Schick on the highest setting is pretty close to a decent amount of aggression, at least in my experience.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

For injectors, it's the M model or the PAL adjustable as far as I know. The Cobra Classic is a SE, not an injector, and it can be very aggressive depending on the user.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Pal adjustable was a big disappointment in my search for an aggressive injector. Two reasons, it isn't really very aggressive, in my opinion, when compared directly to the Schick adjustable. Second, most important reason, unless you find a NOS Pal, the adjustment mechanism is really a bad design and simply doesn't seem to be actively adjusting anything. The Pal is a beautiful razor, heavy and elegant in brushed stainless steel. It's a good razor to collect and use, just not an aggressive razor or an engineering marvel. I'd love to hear from anyone whose opinion is different. My report is based on the two Pals I've owned, one of which went into the trash because it was worn completely out and the adjusting mechanism was defective, and the other is still in the case, used only once, by me, and I'll be keeping it.
Last edited by brothers on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
SRD

Post by SRD »

Schick Injector E is my favorite injector. I find it also to be the most aggressive.
Dave
Trout Whisperer

Post by Trout Whisperer »

Thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye out for an E-type and the Cobra. Perhaps my beard won't scoff at those models like it does milder razors. :lol:
"Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free." — A. W. Tozer
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

My Shick M12 zooms around my face better than any other razor :!:
Medium aggressiveness in my experience.