For those who use straight-razors...

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
AceHarddrive

For those who use straight-razors...

Post by AceHarddrive »

...how did your families/friends...react when they learned you were using/learning to use a straight razor? I am 42 y.o. and live with my elderly parents, taking care of them. When I came out to show my mother (80 y.o now) my "new" str8 (a Wade & Butcher Special bought from Lynn Abrams from StraightRazorPlace), I thought she would throw a conniption/hissy fit. She made me promise that if I wanted a close shave, but still be safe, I would have to use a DE. I may use a DE in her presence, but when I'm in my own presence, I'll use a str8!

~Tim 8)

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

Ha Ha! Good one. Chris! I told her what you said, and she said (her own words): "Tell Chris that I said :P !" Seriously, she would have found out about it sooner or later, y'know. Mothers have a kind of "intuition" or "internal radar" where their young'uns are concerned.

~Tim :wink:

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
jhco50
Sixshooter

Post by jhco50 »

My wife just shook her head and walked away. My daughter looked at me like I was nuts. :shock:
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

I try to make sure my mother is never around whenever I'm in the bathroom. She caught me in there once when I was 14, and ever since then she has been extremely suspicious whenever that door is closed.
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

Hey Sixshooter, how old's yer daughter? Does she get her attitude (dislike of str8 shaving) from her mother? They may do a 180 if you said you had decided to forgo shaving altogether and just grow a beard! Jackie, you ever hear of "locking the door?"

~Tim :wink:

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Solving the mother dilema is simple. Example: My mother has (correction had) a nasty habit of just barging in my room whenever she wanted in the mornings. By the time I was 18, I had had enough this. So here is what I did. Went out late one night (she knew I would be drinking and probably have a hang over--this is when she really likes to barge in at 7 or so in the morning), came home, undressed and slept butt ass naked on top of the covers. When my mother came in the morning she got the surprise of her life. I figure she has seen has seen me naked since the day I was born--never the less, she has never gotten over the shock of that glorious morning. She has never barged in again without knocking first. Case closed.
Randy
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Being that age, and given that you were sleeping and it was in the morning, it might not have been your nakedness alone that startled her...if you catch my meaning.
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

Mooornniiiinggg Wooooodddd!!! :shock: : :roll:

~Tim 8)

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave