Recent Wilkinson acquisition

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Recent Wilkinson acquisition

Post by L. Martino » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:33 am

Hiya,

Received a lot of 60 old Wilkinsons yesterday that I won for a suprisingly reasonable price. After trying a number of vintage UK made ones, I've settled on the blades labled 'Super Sword' edge to fit me about the best. These will be added to the small stash already in the arsenal.

The seller included a note saying he'd tossed in a few extras that he thought I might like to have. Sure as heck, there were four full dispensers of some old blades included in the package on the house. No indication anywhere of how many they are loaded with. I'll include a pic of those in the post.

I'm pretty pleased at how this deal played out,

Martin

Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:24 am

You do realize, Martin, that your bonus packs are arguably the best and most sought after vintage blades. Great score!!
Rich

L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 am

Straight Arrow wrote:You do realize, Martin, that your bonus packs are arguably the best and most sought after vintage blades. Great score!!
Hi Rich,

Yeah, I was kinda shocked seeing those in the package. Definitely a favorite of mine, and I'd used my last one about a month ago. I'm guessing there's 20 blades but it could be more. The seller got a nice thank you note from me.

Thanks for the post,

Martin

slantman

Post by slantman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 am

What a great deal on vintage blades. Sounds like a great seller.

TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 am

I wonder if the seller knew what he was throwing in as a freebie with the 74's. Either a very generous seller or just thought they were some old, odd blades.
Tom

Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm

I tried to track down the auction for these blades, and was amazed to see how many sales there were of the bonded blades.