Merkur Vision Observation

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
steven78

Merkur Vision Observation

Post by steven78 »

About two years ago I bought a Merkur Vision only to use it once or twice. However, a friend gave me a sample of some shaving soap 4 months ago and I have been wetshaving ever since. Because I travel a lot and the fact the wife and I live in seperate houses for now I bought two more visions one for her house and one for travel. The two visions that I recieved are the newer models. The interesting part it all of them have different ranges of adjustability. They range from six symbols of adjustment to 8 (I am not counting the dots in between the letters and the diamond) using the Merkur logo as reference. This is very strange. I also read on the board that some Visions are more aggressive on one side as oppose to the other. This is true for two of mine and I verified this with a caliper.
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Steven, the difference in aggressiveness between sides has been confirmed by Merkur to simply be within the range of normal manufacturing tolerances. According to the company, they believe only a minimal difference between the two sides will be noticeable when shaving, and then only when shaving on the least aggressive setting. Once the razor is opened up, there should be no appreciable difference in shave quality between the two sides.

As for the differing range of adjustability between the various Visions you have, that's an interesting one. I don't know about it, so I can't comment.
erdius

Post by erdius »

is it normal for a slight gap to exist from one end of the blade to the other?