Kai Captain Titan Mild "Pink" blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Re: Kai Captain Titan Mild "Pink" blades

Post by brothers »

The Kai I just changed out today had 25. The days just keep on flying past, and eventually it starts feeling a bit draggy. Haven't decided whether to go with another Kai or maybe change to a Feather for a while.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Upon return to the scene of the --- whatever ---. Following up, all these several years later, I'm down to one well used cartridge - 3 lone Captain Titan Mild "pink" blades remaining. Today was shave number 30. I went slow and took care with the angle, one pass against the grain and a splash of water all around for the touchup pass. I'm quite surprised to know this was shave #30. Remarkable, to say the least. Now I see that these 3 blades, yet unused, will last me until February of next year if I want them to. Meanwhile, I have decided about 2 or 3 months ago that I will replenish my blade supply with Kai Captain Original blades - whenever that becomes necessary. Obviously, because today's result was so effective, I can't toss this blade until such time as the edge dies.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

This Kai Mild was my very last Kai Captain blade until I decide to some more. Since today is the final day of the month, I decided to discard it at 28 very good shaves.
Gary