Super+ Platinum / IP 100 Count Box Discontinued?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
z

Super+ Platinum / IP 100 Count Box Discontinued?

Post by z »

I need to replenish my stash of the old 100-count white box of Super + Platinum blades (AKA the original Israeli Personnas).

Have these been discontinued? I'm unable to find the 100 count white box in stock anywhere.

It is my understanding that the red pack version is not the same, but I am a bit out of the loop lately.
Zach
Odio Barbillas
Location: Via Lactea, Orbis Terra (Sol III), Province of Nova Caesarea

Post by Odio Barbillas »

The Israeli Blues are lately being vended in loose plastic tucks of five blades each. My last order of 100 came that way.

You're correct, Reds are different blades.
Michael G.
NON IMPEDITI RATIONE COGITATIONIS
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Odio Barbillas wrote:The Israeli Blues are lately being vended in loose plastic tucks of five blades each. My last order of 100 came that way.

You're correct, Reds are different blades.
Glad I came across this thread: my box of blue IP's is almost gone (after several years :lol: ). A quick check of eBay shows me the two vendors I knew who carried them are no longer active :cry: .

What vendors are carrying the 5 blade packs?
Odio Barbillas

Post by Odio Barbillas »

mantic wrote:Glad I came across this thread: my box of blue IP's is almost gone (after several years :lol: ). A quick check of eBay shows me the two vendors I knew who carried them are no longer active :cry: .

What vendors are carrying the 5 blade packs?
Mark, I bought mine from Razor Blades And More IIRC. It was about a year ago.
Michael G.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Razor Blades and More has them:

http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/conte ... dge-blades

- Murray
z

Post by z »

The were JUST added back into stock. He said he was going to check after I sent him an email about it.

Looks like this is the end for the white box IP.
Zach
Odio Barbillas

Post by Odio Barbillas »

z wrote:The were JUST added back into stock. He said he was going to check after I sent him an email about it.

Looks like this is the end for the white box IP.
Just so the blade remains the same, the True Believers in Blues will remain content. I have enough storage space for any packaging they use. :D
Michael G.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Michael, Yeah, I agree, but still, those 100 blade packs were nice, handy, and compact. Also, I always counted on them as sort of my ultimate back-up DE blade. I'm still using vintage blades but I don't have an unlimited supply of them ( like some around here...sigh ) and while the current Polsilvers seem quite good I don't trust P&G and their subdivisions one iota to maintain the supply or the quality of them. So, knowing those trusty 100 packs of decent IP blades were always available was comforting.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

So who among us is going to do the right thing and buy the last 3 remaining boxes in stock at RB&M? Only $16 per, sounds like a must have for the true blue fans.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Odio Barbillas

Post by Odio Barbillas »

bernards66 wrote:Michael, Yeah, I agree, but still, those 100 blade packs were nice, handy, and compact. Also, I always counted on them as sort of my ultimate back-up DE blade. I'm still using vintage blades but I don't have an unlimited supply of them ( like some around here...sigh ) and while the current Polsilvers seem quite good I don't trust P&G and their subdivisions one iota to maintain the supply or the quality of them. So, knowing those trusty 100 packs of decent IP blades were always available was comforting.
Regards,
Gordon
The uncertainties of the market. Oy. Luckily for me, I have plenty of "desert island" blades. 8)
Michael G.
ateace

Post by ateace »

[quote="CMur12"]Razor Blades and More has them:

http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/conte ... dge-blades

- Murray[/quote]

Thanks for this, Murray.
I really like the compact and environmentally friendliness of this packaging.

Oh...the blades are pretty good, too. :lol:
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now it looks like he has 49 boxes of them. That's good news, right?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

while the current Polsilvers
pardon out of loop stoooopid question, but what polisilvers are these that you speak about? I thought rumour had them at mediocre and below??

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, None of it. The original 'Polsilvers' were made in Poland and might, possibly, have been made in the same plant that made the Gillette 'Swedes'. In any case they were held to be very good by almost all who tried them. Personally, I never did as at that point I still had a reasonable amount of top-notch vintage blades lying about. So, okay, then those Polsilvers vanished from the market ( at least as far as we know ). But here recently there has appeared the 'Zyletek Polsilver Super Iridium'. These blades are made in Russia and are connected with Gillette/P&G. Even I think that they are quite good. Not in the same league, mind you, with the better vintage blades, but still, pretty decent.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the info Gordon....I'll have to try some. I bought 4 packs of swedes via ebay the other day....almost had to mortgage the house to pay for them haha

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum