Personna 74s

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
rsp1202

Personna 74s

Post by rsp1202 »

Can it possibly be?

http://www.amazon.com/Personna-Injector ... 6612468-20

Any member in New York want to run into Phils Stationery and check these out?

It's not like I'm excited or anything . . .
Ron
Gene

Post by Gene »

Oh dear...is it possible he found a hidden stash?
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I don't know, but there's a one-per-customer limit. Wish he also had some Schick Plus Platinums; eBay has dried up.
Ron
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I ordered some of these in December. They offered 11- and 14-packs, and you could get one of each. They arrived, not very promptly, with the cards cut down to fit into an envelope for shipping. I don't regret getting them, as I think the Personna 74s were the best blades ever made, but I wasn't impressed with the shipping and handling.

- Murray
lanolite

Post by lanolite »

Here's a blog post about the store. Sounds like a fun place to browse, and very possible they've had these blades buried in a corner since the Nixon Administraton.

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2010/04/ ... me-forgot/
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Maybe worth the chance. Thanks all.
Ron
brothers

Post by brothers »

For a moment I was busy preparing to order one, but then I remembered I already have plenty of really good Personna hospital use blades. I do have some single edge 74's that work great in the injectors, and that's all I need.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I'll pass....why get hooked again and just wind up bitter in the end when the single pack runs out? I still have a very few of the old Made in USA Schicks if I want to drag out the N2 Injector. But knowing that there is no replacing them when they're gone discourages me from even using them again.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Gordon, on topic i bought 4 packs of 'swedes' on ebay the other day but now i'm afraid to use them for the very reason you mention....what to do when they run out??

clive
in search of a merkur replacement
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Ron i think i have a pack or two of those lying around....pm your addy and i'll send what i have.....i have no use for them

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Clive, you're too much. Thanks.

Gordon, I sorta feel the same way you do about the whole mishmash, but the blades are so good I want to squeeze every little last bit of use out of them. Plenty of time to feel sorry later. I don't have a lot of options otherwise.
Ron
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

Vintage wines should be sipped. Vintage cars driven. Vintage blades should be used and enjoyed. When the supply runs out, wax nostalgic.
Rich
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

When the supply runs out, grow a beard. :twisted:
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

lanolite wrote:Here's a blog post about the store. Sounds like a fun place to browse, and very possible they've had these blades buried in a corner since the Nixon Administraton.

This reminds me of the typewriter repair shop still there just south of Minneapolis.
dosco

Post by dosco »

Pauldog wrote:
lanolite wrote:Here's a blog post about the store. Sounds like a fun place to browse, and very possible they've had these blades buried in a corner since the Nixon Administraton.

This reminds me of the typewriter repair shop still there just south of Minneapolis.
LOL.

I travel a little bit and go to a lot of out-of-the-way sort of places. I always hope that I'll walk into one of those old-skool pharmacies and find a trove of DE blades.

Sadly this has not yet happened.
Bytebuster

Post by Bytebuster »

I heard a lot about these Personna 74 Tungsten blades, but I couldn't find any. There were some DE on e-Bay but I was late for it and later on I have found the injector blades on Amazon from Phils Stationery, but unfortunately they don't ship it to Europe.
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

It's nice to have a stash of both DE and Injector 74's....... :mrgreen:

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

desertbadger wrote:It's nice to have a stash of both DE and Injector 74's....... :mrgreen:

Regards,
David
Agreed, David, though my stashes of each are small ones.

- Murray
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

desertbadger wrote:It's nice to have a stash of both DE and Injector 74's....... :mrgreen:

Regards,
David
:whistle:
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Straight Arrow wrote:Vintage wines should be sipped. Vintage cars driven. Vintage blades should be used and enjoyed. When the supply runs out, wax nostalgic.
1+ Use them. Like Solomon said:
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19 ESV Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot. (19) Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil--this is the gift of God.
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)