Gillette Nacet Stainles Blades. Anyone tried them???

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Wills01

Gillette Nacet Stainles Blades. Anyone tried them???

Post by Wills01 »

Has anyone on here tried these blades?, If so, how do they stack up against the yellow etc.
Connaught now have them in stock. See them here

http://connaughtshaving.com/gilns.html

All the very, very best
Wills.
changabang

Re: Gillette Nacet Stainles Blades. Anyone tried them???

Post by changabang »

I'm not a big fan of Nacets, but the packaging is nifty. You'd think a crocodile would guarantee great blades, but as YMMV always rules, the croc didn't impress me. The blades are OK, but more toward the average in terms of sharpness and durability. The Russian Greens are good; the Yellows are better. The Blues and the Indian Blacks are fairly highly thought of, but not by me. My favorite Russians are the PermaSharp Supers, with the Yellows running second. The Iridiums were excellent, but the newer Polsilver version is not quite as good as the earlier edition, IMO. As for Vostoks: meh.
James Nicks
Wills01

Post by Wills01 »

James, so kind of you to let me know your thoughts. It's a bit of a coincidence, but my top rated blade is the perma sharp, i am up to 17 shaves with it at this time, superb. This is followed closely by the medprep. Then the yellow. All blades i use are palm stropped, pss goes to 25 to 29 great 5 pass shaves, meds are a close second.

I will take into account your experience of them and give the nacet a wide berth. Thanks again.

All the very, very best
Wills.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I don't remember liking them either, just the opposite in fact.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I have a 5 blade cardboard packace of Nacet stainless. Mine are made by Gillette Czech S.R.O
And the package has on sides some writings that look like arabian?

I have not opened or tried them, kind of like treasury i keep untested, since propably if I like them cannot get new ones.
It looks a little different than yours in the picture, but has the crocodile. Could be also pirate one since those strange alphabets.
Jarmo
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

changabang wrote:You'd think a crocodile would guarantee great blades
I'd expect to feel like my face was being chewed on, or that I should paste the picture on one of my polo shirts.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Well, as cute packaging ideas go it's a good one, but I found the blades to be smack in the middle of ordinary.
Regards,
Squire
BPman

Post by BPman »

I was reminded of these today as pausted here on the forum tried one I gave him. For me, the Gillette Nacet Stainless was the best modern blade I had used, and was my No. 1 blade, until I discovered their Rubie Platinum Plus. Most people get 7 shaves from one, which is the max I ever got as well from any top tier blade. I have used a NOS Nacet Platinum in the past, but it was not nearly as smooth as the Stainless. I believe the NOS one was Made in England. These new Nacet Stainless are made in Russia however. On another forum the best analogy I have read is that these shave like a better version of the Silver Blue. I would agree. Of course, as always YMMV.
pausted

Post by pausted »

BPman was kind enough to give me one each of several blades that I have not used before. So far I have tried the Gillette Rubie and just finished shave #2 with the Gillette Nacet (Russian). I find the Nacet to be an excellent blade in the Standard Razors razor I am currently using. It is smooth, sharp and very comfortable. I like it a bit better than the Rubie. Just another example of YMMV. :) I will probably use the Nacet for 4 or 5 shaves. I normally toss a blade after 3 uses. Unfortunately, I think I like the Nacet better than the Astra SS that I use a lot and I've got about 200 Astras. Oh, well.
Best regards,

Basil
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

I've used the Nacet stainless and they are alright but unremarkable. I have a vintage pack of Nacet carbon blades that I haven't tried yet.
Rich
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I get 3 good shaves from them...My packs have Arabic writing and English writing.The web address doesn't seem to work....There is no indication of country of origin....
Attachments
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG (449.35 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG (442.37 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG (394.65 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
BPman

Post by BPman »

malocchio, the Gillette "guy" on another forum said that they are made in St. Pete for the Middle East market. He had been spot on IMO on everything he said so far. I no longer post on that forum, but in the past he & I shared some PM's that proved, at least to me, he knew what he was talking about and one thing he said led me to believe that he was privy to some very detailed co. info. Whether that be through his employment or association with a highly placed employee I don't know. Now wanting to lose the source, I never looked into the mouth of a gift horse. :wink:
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I have some Nacet Stainless blades that a friend bought for me in Iran, which confirms that they are sold in that part of the Middle East.

- Murray
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

i got 7 great shaves with my first blade i tried last week these blades are my second favorite blade i tried so far with my blade testing :D
Jordan
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I thought they were from Russia as well,I don't remember ever seeing Czech Nacets...
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

The Nacet blades that I have (purchased in Iran) say "made in Russia."

- Murray
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Any chance you scored some TIZ blades in Iran ?
Attachments
tiz.jpg
tiz.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Malocchio, my Iranian friend brought me some Tíz blades, as well. I really like them, as I find them sharp, smooth, and durable (YMMV, of course).

- Murray