Kai Blade in My Futur

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Ouchmychin

Kai Blade in My Futur

Post by Ouchmychin »

After reading a post about Kai blades I ordered a few. I put one in my Futur and entered It into my rotation. It is the best blade/razor combination in my experience. I am currently using Super Irridiams from old stock, Personna 74 injectors, Personna America's #1 Brand stainless, Feather, and Yellow 7 O'clock blades in either the Futur, a Gillette Fatboy, or a Schick injector razor as well as my disposables which include the Schick Hydro 5, the Gillette Fusion Pro Glide, or Noxzema/Kai razors. I have been amazed at the slick shaves I am getting with the Kai/Futur combination. Closer than the Feather/Futur with no weepers or nicks. As I said, for me, these are the best shaves I can recall.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Kai Blade in My Futur

Post by Squire »

Pete I also found the Kai/Futur combination to be very effective.
Regards,
Squire
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

I recently tried one Kia blade. used it in one of my Tradere razors.
And, yes the blade did shave well, nice and smooth and close. The blade to me had a thicker feel much like a Merkur does.
My only con with the blade was I only as able to get two shaves and after that the blade was spent.

I never like to judge a blade with out using a whole pack, shame I have only one blade to go by.

Marc
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I got at least 4 shaves before the blade started to be like all the others, good but not great.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

So long as my shaves are good the number doesn't matter so much but a lasting blade is a bonus.
Regards,
Squire
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

I, too, think the KAI gives a good shave, but the short life is not worth the price.
Just my opinion.
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)