Triton

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
malocchio

Triton

Post by malocchio »

Triton double edge blade,coming from the same German manufacturer that produces Croma Diamant de blades.A few months back I did a mathematical calculation of how many years worth of blades I have.Needless to say,since I am already 65 ,I won't have need for another 150 years of blades,so I,like Squire,decided to start to use the single "use and toss" method.An exception is for a blade unknown to me,and the Triton fits the bill.The shaves were smooth and clean,much more smooth than the Croma Diamont which I was not overly impressed with.I finished up a 6th shave today,and it was a very good shave.I probably could extend it even more,maybe another 2 "acceptable" shaves,but at 6 nice shaves ,I have to rate this blade very high,a real bargain since the price is so reasonable.
Attachments
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG (62.55 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG (71.94 KiB) Viewed 2671 times
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Triton

Post by Squire »

Yes, well in my defense I don't toss all blades, just the carbon ones which over the course of a day have been used for two shaves and a total of 5-6 passes. Still at that rate I doubt I'll ever use up my current supply.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I really thought you only used all blades once Squire,sorry !....I hope I make a few trades over the years,my blade stash will get cut down a little.I just really hate to spend a lot on single packs when 100 packs are so economical..
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, bulk buying is the way to go. My last blade purchase I waited for a sale and bought 1000.
Regards,
Squire
celar36

Post by celar36 »

This blades are my daily safety choice favourite especially in Gillette Big Fellow. Of course nothing replace good old Gillette or Wilkinson blades!
Jack
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Squire wrote:Yes, bulk buying is the way to go. My last blade purchase I waited for a sale and bought 1000.
I thought I was going overboard buying 200 Ted Pella single edge blades ........... 1000 :shock:
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

malocchio wrote:Triton double edge blade,coming from the same German manufacturer that produces Croma Diamant de blades.A few months back I did a mathematical calculation of how many years worth of blades I have.Needless to say,since I am already 65 ,I won't have need for another 150 years of blades,so I,like Squire,decided to start to use the single "use and toss" method.An exception is for a blade unknown to me,and the Triton fits the bill.The shaves were smooth and clean,much more smooth than the Croma Diamont which I was not overly impressed with.I finished up a 6th shave today,and it was a very good shave.I probably could extend it even more,maybe another 2 "acceptable" shaves,but at 6 nice shaves ,I have to rate this blade very high,a real bargain since the price is so reasonable.
Something on the box caught my eye.

The box shows the hammer and compass symbol of the former German Democratic Republic (GDR) and the double "M" symbols of the "Leipziger Messe", the predominant trade fair in what used to be called Eastern Germany.

Hence it stands to reason that the blades predate the 1990 German reunification and the company that manufactured them has long closed their doors.
I could find no references for continued "Triton" and "Croma" razor blade production and the "German manufacturer that produces Croma Diamant " should really read "East German manufacturer that used to produce Croma Diamant".

I don't mean to be nitpicky, but if it hasn't been mentioned yet, we are almost certainly talking about blades from the 20 year old past that are no longer made.
Which does not need to be a bad thing if you have a 150 year supply... :)

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Yes,these are certainly vintage blades from the old GDR.