BIC 1 Sensitive single blade disposables

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Seamaster

BIC 1 Sensitive single blade disposables

Post by Seamaster »

To paraphrase the old Corn Flakes ad, "Have you forgotten how good they are?"

Found myself quite literally lost in France, without a razor, and picked a pack of these up (along with a can of no-brand foam) at a little supermarket in Brittany.

WOW. These shave better, smoother and more comfortably than pretty much any combination of DE razor and blade I have tried so far, and I've tried a lot.

On the watch forums they talk about the mythical "exit watch", the one watch which, once acquired, ends the journey of discovery, of constant hunting for "the one". To my utter astonishment, these little plastic throwaways could easily become my "exit razor".

Who'd have though it?
brothers

Re: BIC 1 Sensitive single blade disposables

Post by brothers »

I can easily believe it. I haven't tried these specific razors, but I share the sentiment with my Noxzema/Kai twin blade disposables. It is amazing.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

After reading the above post as well as several others over the past few months, I was in the grocery store yesterday and found the Bic Sensitives. There was a store coupon so I ended up paying $1.57 for 12 of the little guys.

I have to agree that this is a really good razor. This morning I used my normal routine, one N/S pass on my entire face and neck and a second S/N pass on my jawline and neck. I got a close, comfortable shave that rivals the shaves I get with my DE razors. I was quite surprised and pleased. These have worked their way into my rotation. They will be especially great for travel.
Best regards,

Basil
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I too have tried a lot of disposables with success. I got the BIC steel based on a thread here and it seemed to work very well for a while. Then I lost whatever technique it took to get good shaves from mine when I didn't use any for a while. Now they rest in storage and I am enjoying the Noxzema twin blade disposables and my old Schick twins. I keep them in rotation so I don't lose the technique on them. Also keep my DE's and Schick injector in the rotation as well as my two vibrator disposable head razors.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
huracan

Post by huracan »

Are these BIC 'metals' the orange and white that come in packs of many?
Lou
pausted

Post by pausted »

These are labeled "Bic Sensitive". They have an orange handle and white blade holder. Single blade. Mine came in a pack of 12. The "metal" is a different razor which I understand has been discontinued un the US. Hope that helps.
Best regards,

Basil
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

My go-to travel razor has been a BIC sensitive for many a year now. It travels easily, is TSA/CATSA approved/acceptable and gives a good 3 or 4 shaves before you start feeling any tugs.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:My go-to travel razor has been a BIC sensitive for many a year now. It travels easily, is TSA/CATSA approved/acceptable and gives a good 3 or 4 shaves before you start feeling any tugs.
Wendell, where do you buy them? I've looked in Walmart and Shoppers', but haven't found them.
Bryan
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

I am all for whatever shaving device gives you a good shave. Many and various devices do it for me. And that includes the Bic Sensitive. In fact, I used the Bic as my razor of transition back to wet shaving from electric several years ago.
Rich
huracan

Post by huracan »

pausted wrote:These are labeled "Bic Sensitive". They have an orange handle and white blade holder. Single blade. Mine came in a pack of 12. The "metal" is a different razor which I understand has been discontinued un the US. Hope that helps.

It does, thank you. I did have a little confusion

I've been working my way through a rather large stash of Indian 'Guard' razors for when I travel and started looking forward to their replacement when I run out.
Lou
brothers

Post by brothers »

I think (may be wrong) it is possible to order a large quantity 12 packs of 12 each (a gross) of these for about $30 on Amazon. Seems like a small price to pay for a lifetime supply of these. Of course, someone could make the purchase then split it with a couple of other guys. Just a thought.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:
jww wrote:My go-to travel razor has been a BIC sensitive for many a year now. It travels easily, is TSA/CATSA approved/acceptable and gives a good 3 or 4 shaves before you start feeling any tugs.
Wendell, where do you buy them? I've looked in Walmart and Shoppers', but haven't found them.
Bryan -- I have never found them here in Canada -- so I always get a supply when we are in the US ....... Currently down to 1 1/2 bags at the moment, but I am off to Syracuse next month for the Louisville game (Go Orange, they will need all the help they can get .... but that's another thread, sorry for the diversion) and will pick up another pack then.

Can't figure out why they aren't available here, but there you have it, my supply secret is out. :lol:
Wendell

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I got a bag of 12 at my local Walmart. Tried one and it was O.K. but for me not as good as the Noxzema twins that Gary recommended.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Bryan -- I have never found them here in Canada -- so I always get a supply when we are in the US ....... Currently down to 1 1/2 bags at the moment, but I am off to Syracuse next month for the Louisville game (Go Orange, they will need all the help they can get .... but that's another thread, sorry for the diversion) and will pick up another pack then.

Can't figure out why they aren't available here, but there you have it, my supply secret is out. :lol:
I might have guessed it. :cry:
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Ouchmychin wrote:I got a bag of 12 at my local Walmart. Tried one and it was O.K. but for me not as good as the Noxzema twins that Gary recommended.
Pete, from the sound of it, these Bics must be a close cousin to the Gillette Guard single blade. I thought they (the Guards) were just OK too. Those Noxzemas are hard to beat for the money.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Got one on the hotel bathroom counter today for an evening shave before I hit the hay tonight. These are absolute little gems --- and if it hadn't been for my membership here, I would never have considered them.
Wendell

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:Got one on the hotel bathroom counter today for an evening shave before I hit the hay tonight. These are absolute little gems --- and if it hadn't been for my membership here, I would never have considered them.
Wendell, believe it or not, I found a 10-pack at a Shoppers'. How many shaves do you get from each one?
Bryan
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

jww wrote: These are absolute little gems --- and if it hadn't been for my membership here, I would never have considered them.
And the wives think we're just fooling around here, this place is educational, I tell 'ya.
Regards,
Squire
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Gary, can you post a photo of the bag the Noxzema twins come in, please, or point me to a photo online. Thanks.
Ron
brothers

Post by brothers »

rsp1202 wrote:Gary, can you post a photo of the bag the Noxzema twins come in, please, or point me to a photo online. Thanks.
Here ya' go! :)

Gary