From the ashes? Phoenix Double Open Comb razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
ben-blade

Re: From the ashes? Phoenix Double Open Comb razor

Post by ben-blade »

Last evening had my first shave with Phoenix.

Last couple of years I've been shaving with an Ever Ready SE and before this also DEs and injectors (tend to use a type of blade for a long time and then change). The SE's are my preferred razors, but ...

Used an Edison blade (brand of locally [Israel] manufactured Personnas). The usual 3 passes (with, against, cross) gave me an excellent BBS result which I'm NOT used to with previous DE shaves. And the UTN (under the nose) reach was phenomenal.

With the Edison blade it is certainly not aggressive and there were no irritation during or after the shave. Will continue to use it now and see how it is in the long term.

Only thing I don't like about it is the open comb. Never liked them :-(

Ben
brothers

Post by brothers »

After these few weeks of use, the Phoenix DOC razor continues to deliver close and smooth shaves, lately with the slick and protective Wars shaving cream. The Gillette Super Stainless blade contributes to the success of course.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

Thread necromancy here. :wink:

I bought one of their new matte versions of this just recently and will state that mine is well made with nary a flaw that I can see. I have only shaved once and used a new 7 O'Clock SS in it. It seems to require perhaps a little different approach to correct angle. Since it was my first shave with it I didn't want to use too much pressure and as with all OC razors I have difficulty around my mouth and chin and have to really pay attention. I'm going to fiddle with it for a week before I make a definite decision however. Regardless, it is surely the coolest looking modern OC for sale today. Also, for those that don't like the feel of OC teeth upon their skin this DE is no exception to that rule despite being on the relatively mild side.