Gillette Gold Tech very nice shave

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
chris1978

Gillette Gold Tech very nice shave

Post by chris1978 »

I finally try the Gillette Gold tech three piece razor that Murray sent me in the mail and it was good. I'm glad I try this. I can tell the difference between the Gillette Tech and Super Speed. This one the tech is more forgiving than the super speed. I try two times and it works well no problem. I do get little razor burns at the my necks line around the edge. It is mild shave which I like. I do much better shave than last time when I was using late 1940's super speed. I'm so glad that I use my new tech and this is going to be my go razor now on. I really like that tech very much. I take my time shaving and no problem. Thanks Murray! I knew it I did LISTEN to you. By the way, I'm using the Personna blade with the red packs I really like it.

Chris A
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Gillette Gold Tech very nice shave

Post by jww »

I enjoy my Gold Tech less frequently now than I used to. It's perfect matched with a Feather.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Good news, Chris. I'm glad that's working for you.

Wendell, Chris is reporting razor burn and nicks even with the Tech and a mild blade like the Israeli Personnas in the red pack. He has also reported sensitive skin. This being the case, Feather blades would definitely be contraindicated. I, too, can't use Feather blades even in a Tech.

- Murray
razorhead63

Post by razorhead63 »

Yeah, I love my Tech razors also. As others have stated they are great when paired with a sharp blade.

Lately I have been using Astra SS blades in the '64 ball end Tech and the shaves have been flawless.

If I had just one razor to use for the rest of my life it could easily be this one!
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Razorhead63, I like the sharper blades, too (Personna 74, Personna Med Prep, Perma-Sharp Super, Super Iridium, Treet Dura Sharp). Feather blades, however, are a whole other category, unique unto themselves.

- Murray
preidy

Post by preidy »

Just used my 54 gold ball end Tech this morning with a Gillette Platium - first time. Major nice BBS shave. My Tech likes sharp blades and I have had great results with Med Prep, Rapira Pl-Lux and Astra. Tech shaves as well as my 54 Super Speed and 55 Red Tip.