A new injector on the way?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Gene

A new injector on the way?

Post by Gene »

I saw this at the Uncrate website this morning and chased the link:

New Injector

For the record - this isn't me in any way - I just saw it and thought it was interesting. A new injector is being developed. Looks like they are scratching around for capitol.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
rsp1202

Re: A new injector on the way?

Post by rsp1202 »

Thanks, Gene. Looks like a Pal, shaves like a . . . ? Mighty interesting, that's for sure.
Ron
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Very interesting. Thanks, Gene.

- Murray
BPman

Post by BPman »

IMO dead in the water due to blade availability. There are three choices: expensive vintage, crappy Chinese & finally Personna (Ted Pella) who was just sold to Southmedic in Canada and surely will be looking to cut the "fat" wherever possible. As well, the razor looks like a copy of the last Personna SE injector. :|
brothers

Post by brothers »

Looks exactly like Pal adjustable. Front and back. As already mentioned, blades will be an issue.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

The PAL Adjustable isn't structured like this razor, however, so it may not have been more than styling inspiration. Also, most find the Chinese Schick pretty decent, while it remains to be seen what happens to ASR/Personna. If the lab blade business is strong enough, their injector blades may remain on the market and I even know shavers who like these blades, as well.

This certainly has my interest piqued.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

It is a handsome razor. Maybe someone will get one so we can learn more about it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I agree that the (lack of) availability of good injector blades will render this problematic. I gave up injectors before because of this; why would I want to get back into that game?

Having said that, I have en route a rare Schick N3 that I've been searching for forever in an attempt to recapture the N1/N2 + Plus Platinum shaving experiences of the past. I approached this as Homer Simpson would 64 slices of American cheese sitting atop a chocolate donut.
Ron
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Oh why not, the injector is/was a great idea.
Regards,
Squire