Gillette blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Gillette blades

Post by Squire »

Pete mine say Swedish Supersteel and come in a blue/white package with red highlights. These were purchased a few years back so the same blade may be repackaged/renamed by now. Rapira separates their line by price so I use that as my guide.
Regards,
Squire
alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Squire,

How does the Rapira line compare to Feathers?
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I just bought 5 Swedish Supersteel Rapiras for $2.99 to compare them to the 100 Lux blades I bought. I see which works for me.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Alcx the Feathers are much sharper which is a plus for some and a minus for others. I think Feathers are great but some members find the acute sharpness to produce a slightly abrasive shave.

For me the Rapiras shave similar to the Green 7 O'clocks (Russian or Indian) which is to say pretty darn good. Not as sharp as Feathers but longer lasting and lower cost as well.
Regards,
Squire
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Ouchmychin wrote:I just bought 5 Swedish Supersteel Rapiras for $2.99 to compare them to the 100 Lux blades I bought. I see which works for me.
Pete, I also ordered 100 Lux blades and cant wait to try em' seems as the shipping might take awhile though coming standard from Russia...
I also have some Voshkods on the way and I want to try the swedes and the ladas as well
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
BPman

Post by BPman »

Lux is a good blade as is the Swedish Super Steel. Voshkods did not impress me. Sputniks (as made by Gillette in Russia) blew me away. They remind me of the Lord Platinum of which both are equal to if not a tad better than the Astra SP. Of course, this is all a YMMV matter, Just remember to test different blades objectively initially, e.g., same prep, same soap/cream, same brush & same razor so as to eliminate those from the equation.
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Hello comrades,
I just received my first shipment from Russia today, a 100 pack of the Rapira Voshkods. Cant wait to go and try them. I am still waiting for m y Gillette rubies, Rapira platinum lux's and the nacets. Looks like I might have to throw in some Sputniks as well :P
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

brothers

Post by brothers »

The NOS Gillette Swedes and Super Stainless blades are are really good.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

100 pack of the Rapira Voshkods. Cant wait to go and try them. I am still waiting for m y Gillette rubies, Rapira platinum lux's and the nacets.
if im ever in need of a blade, i know who to call :D :D :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Clive,
I still have that vintage looking Merkur blade with your name on it if you want it
~Steve

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

:D merkur for president!!!! lol

clive

p.s. thanks steve :lol: :lol:
de gustibus non est disputandum