Platinum & Rubie Platinum Plus

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Re: Platinum & Rubie Platinum Plus

Post by brothers »

I ordered 100 from the same Russian source as Murray. They're the real thing. I believe someone checked just recently, and I think he said the prices went up a couple of dollars.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

I used a new Rubie blade this morning, and the result was very nice.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

So Gary, what's your overall opinion/ranking of the Rubie? I think it's the best current made blade with the Gillette Made in Russia Platinum & Stainless Nacet right in the slipstream.
brothers

Post by brothers »

As of now, I'd put it among the top 7 double edge blades in the drawer alongside the Personna hospital use, Kai, Swedes, Spoilers, Super Iridiums, and Brazilian Platinum Plus. In no certain order.
Last edited by brothers on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

BPman

Post by BPman »

brothers wrote:As of now, I'd put it among the top 8 double edge blades in the drawer alongside the Personna hospital use, Kai, Swedes, Spoilers, Super Iridiums, and Brazilian Platinum Plus. In no certain order.
I have tried all those other blades and agree with but two exceptions: the Kai was for me like using a cross cut saw on my face & the Swede was IMO a decent blade, but not the legendary 'Excalibur' that I had read of. My results echoed Squire's to a "T" on that one. I had traded for the Swede so I only had one blade. I would be game to try another, but they are impossible to find. If someone has some to trade I have a lot of NOS blades to trade with. :wink: