My New Razors (DE)

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Ouchmychin

My New Razors (DE)

Post by Ouchmychin »

Today I got the last of the razors I ordered from ebay. It is a Monarch safety razor from India (shipped from there). Looks like a Gillette tall slim non adjustable. very fancy swirl scrolls on the handle. Kind of looks like a screw thread between the top of the handle and the head. Thread is attached to the head and the handle twists very easily to open the head. Very cheap (about 10 bucks including shipment from India). The other razor was a Schick Krona that I was going to give to my grandson along with a near lifetime of blades from my collection. The Krona arrived shortly before my grandson and that gave me a chance to try it. No chance I am going to give him that. I retired my Gillette tall slim adjustable to make room in my (4 place) rack for the Krona. What a great shave. I may be wrong, but I believe it is my favorite of all the DE razors in my collection, including my Futur. May give the Monarch to my Grandson.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Big Swifty

Re: My New Razors (DE)

Post by Big Swifty »

Pete,
If your grandson is not very into wetshaving and doesn't know whats relevant or not I would definitely keep the Krona for yourself as they IMO are wonderful razors...
one of the best kept secrets in our world
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
BPman

Post by BPman »

Ouchmychin wrote:...I retired my Gillette tall slim adjustable to make room in my (4 place) rack for the Krona. What a great shave. I may be wrong, but I believe it is my favorite of all the DE razors in my collection, including my Futur...

As I have stated before, the Krona is the DE razor that Gillette engineers used at home in secret as they wept. :wink: Easily, 95% of my shaving is done with either a Krona or some Tech variant.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Yes, and it only cost $12.95 on ebay. Best bargain as well as best razor. It was in great shape. I don't know why no one else bid.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Their ignorance is our gain Pete.
Regards,
Squire
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Enjoy the new razors....use in good health. Ive never used a krona, but perhaps i should give one a whirl. Are there new ones available or is everything 'antique' ??

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Clive,
There is a lot of clean ones in great condition to be had on Ebay for $20 or so, a lot of the time even cheaper than that...I don't really understand it
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"