Falcon Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
weeper

Falcon Razor

Post by weeper »

Hi,

I've been a member here for a number of years but don't post often (or at all) but mostly lurk when the razor bug bites. I may have purchased a modified R41 from Gary a few years ago, if I recall correctly.
I've been watching a new SE project that I don't think has been mentioned here - from Falcon Razors (www.falconrazors.com) . Not affiliated in any way with him (although I would like to be a test shaver).
I thought the project might have stopped, but he's continuing on and it looks really promising to me. If nothing else it gives us all another choice in razors. He recently posted an update to his site (http://www.falconrazors.com/index.php/2 ... p-summary/). He's currently accepting applications for test shavers until 14 October.

I'm posting this to a number of shaving-related sites to try to encourage him on, so if you see it again, that's why. If you've got a chance and an inclination to do so, please show some interest in the project. The more innovation/choices, the better for all of us.

Thanks,

Brian
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Falcon Razor

Post by Squire »

Good stuff Brian, please post more often.
Regards,
Squire
CMur12

Re: Falcon Razor

Post by CMur12 »

That is interesting, Brian. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

The creator of this razor has a tough beard and sensitive skin, and his goal is a very aggressive, but smooth, razor. I'm not sure exactly what that will mean. I have a coarse (but not very dense) beard and very sensitive skin. When I hear/read the word "aggressive," I run screaming in the other direction. I'll be curious to read how this razor treats sensitive skin.

- Murray