I thought I wanted a Wolfman razor head ---

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

I thought I wanted a Wolfman razor head ---

Post by brothers »

--- the Wolfman double edge razor is a huge success with the wet shaving community, whether or not there's been much discussion of it here. There was a time that I was hunting for the best razor, and the grass was always greener on the other side. I was ready to lay out the bucks and get the latest rage. Fate called my bluff yesterday, when I spotted one of these highly sought out double edge razors listed for sale somewhere out there in the shaving forum jungle. It was late at night, and that's always where I lose my objectivity and spend like a drunk sailor. (I even bought a pickup truck from Connecticut one night! It took me a few months, but I sold it to a guy from Dallas and lost a lot of money.) Back to the point --- as I contemplated sending the guy a PM to ask if it was still available, I remembered that pickup truck. No matter how efficient yesterday's shave, these pesky little whiskers are back this morning! I paid a pharaoh's ransom for the razor I used yesterday and the day before that, and (I'm still asking myself why it seems that straight razors appear to be exempt from this thought process!) I'm going to stop chasing after better double edge razors. Famous last words(?), hopefully not! Bottom line, I'll let some other lucky guy buy and appreciate the Wolfman.
Last edited by brothers on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Re: I thought I wanted a Wolfman razor head ---

Post by pausted »

I'm with you, Gary. I have no desire (at least, right now :) ) to buy any more DE razors. The ones I use are dialed in and provide me with great shaves. I'm not looking for anything else.
Best regards,

Basil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Oh it doesn't hurt to just look . . .
Regards,
Squire
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Gary, I've heard about the Wolfman and it's definitely worth lusting over. However, I just received a beautiful Tech razor from Murray that shaves plenty fine and is a nice piece of engineering on its own. So, after all these years in the game it has become apparent to me that when it comes to deciding on necessity and either/or questions re: shave gear, the best thing to do is let Murray take care of it.

:D
Ron
brothers

Post by brothers »

Works for me Ron!
:)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

Gillettes logo means something "the best a man can get". Seriously, I don't see how the 300 dollar razors can be any better or enjoyable then my 12 dollar vintage Gillette razor. tech new improved old type . nothing better.
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Squire wrote:Oh it doesn't hurt to just look . . .
We used to have a neighbor who said "looking is free, touching will cost you." Nuff said.
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

The Wolfman is a game changer and it is hands down my favorite DE razor of all time. It would have been money well spent. It manages to be really efficient without being harsh...a two pass BBS every time.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

BullGoose wrote:The Wolfman is a game changer and it is hands down my favorite DE razor of all time. It would have been money well spent. It manages to be really efficient without being harsh...a two pass BBS every time.
Reminds me a lot of the Darwin Deluxe from the 1930's, selling these days (if found for sale) at around twice the price of a Wolfman or more, and worth every dime. A true collector's treasure, but it happens to shave like magic, as you've described the Wolfman.
Gary

BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote:
BullGoose wrote:The Wolfman is a game changer and it is hands down my favorite DE razor of all time. It would have been money well spent. It manages to be really efficient without being harsh...a two pass BBS every time.
Reminds me a lot of the Darwin Deluxe from the 1930's, selling these days (if found for sale) at around twice the price of a Wolfman or more, and worth every dime. A true collector's treasure, but it happens to shave like magic, as you've described the Wolfman.
Has there been any additional news on the remake of the Darwin? I saw a thread a month or so ago, sent a PM, and never heard back from the OP.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Not to my knowledge, Phil. Sounds like an interesting project, doesn't it.
Gary

lebovski

Post by lebovski »

+100 Unique head!
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Lebovski, Welcome to SMF!

- Murray
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

the wolfman does seem a good razor. does look nice. but the thing is, make a few changes to the head and they could be making a modified new improved, or raised flat bottom Gillette knock off in short time.