Beware Of The Rubie

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
BPman

Re: Beware Of The Rubie

Post by BPman »

Sparksx wrote:Can someone recommend me the course of actions and also how to contact Gillete for this and how to identify if the others are fakes?...
Gillette can't help you as these blades are not authorized for retail sale in the USA. As well, you bought them from a vendor. You need to contact the vendor you bought them from.
Sparksx

Post by Sparksx »

BPman wrote:
Sparksx wrote:Can someone recommend me the course of actions and also how to contact Gillete for this and how to identify if the others are fakes?...
Gillette can't help you as these blades are not authorized for retail sale in the USA. As well, you bought them from a vendor. You need to contact the vendor you bought them from.
Whether or not I get a refund is another matter which I don't mind. I just wanted to let people know that there are still fakes out there. I bought the blades knowing that they might be fake. I did report the vendor for selling the counterfeit items. To your knowledge, do you know if people have checked for the blades listed whether or not they have been counterfeited? I've tried the voskhod and it seems to have a cutting edge but it does tug and the cutting power seems worse than a Derby. But Im assuming that the blade is normal since it does cut.

Edit: I find it a pain to request and having to send a return back to Russia. So i havent requested a return yet. Maybe I should contact the vendor still.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sparksx wrote:New to the forums and made an account just to reply. About two weeks ago I received some razors I bought from ebay. It was a mix of (razors listed below). I havent tried the other ones except voskhod and I'm not sure if those are fake. However, I do know that the Gillete Rubies are fake. I'll post pictures tmrw morning. It has the exact same packaging the fake you posted. Can someone recommend me the course of actions and also how to contact Gillete for this and how to identify if the others are fakes?

- Sputnik
- Voskhod
- Ladas
- Gillette Rubie
- Rapira Super Stainless
- Rapira Swedish Supersteel
- Rapira Platinum Lux
Why go to all that trouble when all you have to do (as soon as possible!) is send a message to the seller (I'm presuming you got all of these from the same seller?) through the ebay messaging tab, make sure to send a copy of your notice of counterfeit merchandise to ebay and paypal, and demand a full immediate refund! Don't waste any of your own money sending the blades back to the seller. If they want you to return the fakes, simply tell them you're keeping them for Gillette so they can prosecute the counterfeiter. Also initiate a formal complaint through paypal telling them full details, then make sure you continue to observe all time limits so as not to lose any of your rights. You can contact Procter & Gamble (Gillette products division) by going to the main P&G website and selecting the proper links. Don't waste any time hoping Gillette is going to be of much help, because you have remedies available through paypal and ebay.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

You can contact the sellers on ebay. There is a tab for that if you look for it. The threat of a bad review leads them to offer a refund. Also ebay will stand behind you if you have to go that far; as will PayPal.
Ouchmychin (Pete)