Razor blade thoughts

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Re: Razor blade thoughts

Post by brothers »

I have an ample supply of the Personna hospital use (Some folks call them "prep". I guess some have an aversion to the term "hospital"?) Anyway, I have a standing offer of sending a few to anyone who asks. Just PM me your mailing address. This offer is good for anyone who may read this. CONUS only of course.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
PerfectlyInsane

Post by PerfectlyInsane »

brothers wrote:I have an ample supply of the Personna hospital use (Some folks call them "prep". I guess some have an aversion to the term "hospital"?) Anyway, I have a standing offer of sending a few to anyone who asks. Just PM me your mailing address. This offer is good for anyone who may read this. CONUS only of course.
I appreciate it Gary.
BiffBuff

Post by BiffBuff »

Go to tryablade.com and you can buy as many or as few as you like. $3 flat fee shipping -- quick service.
disengage
PerfectlyInsane

BiffBuff wrote:Go to tryablade.com and you can buy as many or as few as you like. $3 flat fee shipping -- quick service.
Yes, I just saw this in another thread. Thank you
BPman

Post by BPman »

tryablade.com is a great source!! Prompt shipping + they have a variety of exotic blades to sample. =D>
PerfectlyInsane

I tried the Personna hospital use blade(Thanks again Gary) and while I don't think it was as sharp as the Astra SS or Crystal, it definitely seemed more smooth. It was a really comfortable shave, with little if any irritation. Probably my favorite blade so far. Now my question, is there much difference in the Personna Labs and the Personna meds? I watched a video where a guy said they were pretty much the same except the med preps go through one more manufacturing process.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi PI -

I'm surprised that you found the Hospital Use blade less sharp than a Crystal.

As to the difference between the Hospital Use and Lab Blue blades, there is a lot of controversy. The latter blades cost a lot less than the former, and some swear that they are the same. The official word, as you cited, is that they are essentially the same. Still, there are others who swear that they are different. I even saw, perhaps on another forum, where someone examined both under a microscope and observed differences in the edge. I believe our own Brian/ShadowsDad experiences them as different. You may just need to try them for yourself.

- Murray
pausted

Post by pausted »

I have no doubt that the HU blades receive special treatment from Personna but, in use, I just can't tell any difference.
Best regards,

Basil
BPman

Post by BPman »

pausted wrote:I have no doubt that the HU blades receive special treatment from Personna but, in use, I just can't tell any difference.
The only difference is that the Med Prep blades have been sanitized more thoroughly for medical usage. Personna has stated as such in countless replies to countless inquiries, but the myth lives on.