Gillette Platinum-Plus blade from Brazil

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
BPman

Re: Gillette Platinum-Plus blade from Brazil

Post by BPman »

Weekly wrote:The Brazilian Plat Plus was kind of an over priced "Low Rent""Blade , for a Gillette it was somewhat
Of a failure in the Price Quality ratio...

These blades were leftover stock having been made in Brazil in the 1990's They shipped them to the USA and paid no tax due to NAFTA. They had nothing to lose and any blade sold here was pure profit. I call that a prescient & cunning business maneuver. =D>
brothers

Post by brothers »

All I know is that the ones I bought while they were in stock at Walgreen are quite good. Until late last year when I was using DE blades exclusively in the Gillette Rocket HD500 razor I was using them in a group containing 4 other blades, Kai, Personna hospital use, vintage Gillette Super Stainless Spoilers, and Gillette Swede. They performed very well in this group. I have no complaints. Sounds like Gillette and Walgreen had a good idea.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

I accumulated about 75 of them while they were available locally, most 9 packs at around $4.00 each. I find them to be quite good and can get about seven shaves from each blade unlike my other usual Russian Gilettes where I get a max of four.
Best regards,

Basil