Replacement blades direct fit for Gillette Sensor 1st genera

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
steinmann

Replacement blades direct fit for Gillette Sensor 1st genera

Post by steinmann »

Hello, I’m new to this forum.
I went through my stuff the other night and found in the drawer my good old Gillette sensor handle. I remember buying it 1990 after finishing 3 very tough years in the military. So I went and soaked it in vinegar for 24 hours and it came out shining like new.
So now I’m searching for on line, cheap yet quality blades for it, doesn’t care if it will be double or triple blade. (There are original blades to be found but I’m not ready to pay those prices).
BTW, I’m located in Israel and the army then supplied us soldiers with locally made Personna blades, manufactured in a plant that was located (and maybe still is?) in the galilee. I can remember that it was quality stuff. Is any one of you guys familiar with this brand?
Thank you very much – Michael
Attachments
sensor 3.jpg
sensor 3.jpg (219.5 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
sensor 2 (2).jpg
sensor 2 (2).jpg (274.11 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
sensor 2 (1).jpg
sensor 2 (1).jpg (304.21 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
brothers

Re: Replacement blades direct fit for Gillette Sensor 1st ge

Post by brothers »

There is a very good and reasonable UK based shaving vendor who seems to have the Sensor cartridges in stock at the present time. I have done business with this gentleman many times in the past, and have no problem recommending him. It is called Connaught Shaving, and here is the website. Good luck! http://connaughtshaving.com/sensorexcel.html

If you're looking for non-Gillette made replacement cartridges, and haven't found them on ebay, then I don't know what to recommend.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Michael, welcome to SMF!

We are very familiar here with the double-edge (DE) blades, of two kinds, made by Personna in Israel. They are indeed popular blades.

I don't know much about available blades for your Sensor handle, but I heartily agree with Gary/Brothers that Connaught Shaving in England is an honorable vendor who provides excellent customer service and good value.

- Murray
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

You could try a search on eBay. I just did one for the keywords "sensor blade" in Health & Beauty. Most of the results were for Gillette 3-blade cartridges, and prices ran in the $1.60-2.00 per blade range. What generic store brands listed were also 3-blade, w. prices in the $1.00-1.20 per blade range.

I managed to get a couple of 5-packs of twin-blade cartridges, made by Personna, on clearance a few years ago at a local Kroger store. Shaves with them were the best I can remember with a cartridge razor, especially after technique practice with a DE.

There was one listing from my eBay search for 5-packs of 2-blade cartridges with a generic store name of QC Accuflex. Price was less than $1.00 per
cartridge, so they may be worth a try.
steinmann

Post by steinmann »

Thank you all!