Big Ben super stainless

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
mrjediconsular

Big Ben super stainless

Post by mrjediconsular »

so i tried big ben super stainless razor blades today i thought i would compare notes with you guys and see what happens, so i hated the lords classic super stainless blades so i was thinking these were just repackaged lords blades but to me they were a lot smoother that the the lords super stainless
Jordan
pausted

Re: Big Ben super stainless

Post by pausted »

I can't speak to the Lord stainless because I've never used them but the Big Ben blades work well for me. They were the first blade that I bought in quantity. I find them to be smooth and mild. Not the sharpest for sure but very comfortable. They work well in all my modern razors as well as a Tech and a New LC.
Best regards,

Basil
BPman

Post by BPman »

They are the same blade. A Lord rep was quoted on another forum as saying that all their blades are the same, with only regional name changes, except for two: their Lord flagship line that is the Platinum & Super Chrome which are the same blade as well. I like the Lord Platinum better than the Astra SP. :wink:
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

will i got a better shave with the big bens then the classics (which always left me irradiated) oh well. thanks for your help i might of passed the big bens if i did know that they were the same blades beforehand but hey they work for me,
Jordan
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

so i traded razor packs with my brother because after the first shave it sucked for me and i started using Gillette nacets
Jordan
BPman

Post by BPman »

mrjediconsular wrote:will i got a better shave with the big bens then the classics (which always left me irradiated) oh well. thanks for your help i might of passed the big bens if i did know that they were the same blades beforehand but hey they work for me,
Actually, I need to extrapolate on this point somewhat. I now think that Lord makes more than two different blade 'grades' with the Lord Platinum & Super Chromes being the same as well as their flagship line. I happen to like the Big Ben blades having used four in the past. They are smooth as silk for my face, although not quite as sharp as say a Gillette.