Rockwell Blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
BPman

Rockwell Blades

Post by BPman »

http://rockwellrazors.com/pages/rockwel ... zor-blades

I just received a tuck of these today that I had the vendor throw in for $1 on top of another item I bought. There are no markings to indicate who is making these for them, however by glancing at the blade I suspect they are made in Germany by the Americans who bought the old German factory that makes Croma & a few other DE blades and is now making modern Harry's Razors. As well, I could be wrong. It may be a while before I test one as I have some other blades to use.
Straight Arrow

Re: Rockwell Blades

Post by Straight Arrow »

A nice problem, yes!
Waiting to test a Rockwell
While using others
Rich
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for the news, BPman. I have little interest in buying new shaving stuff these days, but the Rockwell razor is pulling at me. German-made blades for DE and Injector haven't been very well received on these forums, so I'll be curious to hear about these. The last thing I need is more blades, however.

- Murray
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I haven't yet tried the Rockwell blades, but the razor itself is an excellent shaver. I've been through plates 1-4, all using Gillette Silver Blues, and find myself favoring 2 and 3. Plates 1 and 2, I've been told, are similar in aggressiveness to a Feather AS-D2; the 4 plate comes close in blade gap to the Wolfman. For someone as sensitive as I am, even plate 4 worked fine, though noticeably more aggressive than the lower plates. More to the point of this thread, I've settled on GSB blades for the time being as a go-to, courtesy of the Rockwell's combo of mildness and efficiency that allows me to use it every day. It has allowed me to use a DE enough to form a baseline opinion on blades for the first time. I'll be trying the Rockwell blades soon enough.
Ron
BPman

Post by BPman »

Tried one today and I wish I could get my $1 back. Mediocre blade at best. YMMV.