Found at an estate sale

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Found at an estate sale

Post by brothers »

I'm in the habit of checking the bathroom first when I find an estate sale on a Saturday morning. Today's razor (I didn't buy it) was a $3 Gillette SS flair tip. Too bad it wasn't a bottom dial Fatboy or even a regular fatboy. Several months ago I found a nice condition Red TIp for $8 and most recently (last month) I was getting kind of frustrated at a very large antique show/flea market and told myself if I find even one single razor I'm going to buy it. Ended up spending $4 on a SS flair tip that was missing the end caps. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Re: Found at an estate sale

Post by BPman »

I don't go to flea markets anymore here on the southern border as it's too much walking (usually in stifling heat) for little if any reward. As well, most of the stuff is either stolen or just plain junk. Finally, the people who do occasionally vend old razors watch Ebay and want full tilt prices. It's getting harder to find real deals as antique dealers have marked them up as well.
TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg »

I agree, BP. If I do find something at a flea market, they are asking full retail. I guess for the same money, I'd rather post my need/ want here and buy from you fellas. I have not tried estate sales. I really haven't found anything interesting at all in a while. Maybe this summer...
Tom
SonOfRobert

Post by SonOfRobert »

I, too, have given up on antique malls. However, I did luck into a gold plated Gillette black beauty at an obscure auction here at home (TN). Very small price. Second time I found razors at this location. Nobody there seems to know value of these old relics. My good fortune.