Schick, Wilkinson, and Personna (ASR) now part of Edgewell

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Schick, Wilkinson, and Personna (ASR) now part of Edgewell

Post by Pauldog »

This happened back in 2015 (7/1/15), but I just heard about it. Energizer spun off its razors into a separate company, Edgewell Personal Care. At some point, they also acquired Personna.They also have Edge shaving cream and a few personal items unrelated to shaving, such as Hawaiian Tropic.
BPman

Re: Schick, Wilkinson, and Personna (ASR) now part of Edgewell

Post by BPman »

:P
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

and don't forget Edgewell has already discontinued manufacturing of schick injector blades already. and claim to have NONE left in their own warehouse/inventory systems.
brothers

Post by brothers »

If that's the case, and injector blades have gone the way of hatpins and buggy whips, maybe Featherjectors will be our last option.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Lots of Schick injector blades available on Amazon. Guess I better stock up.
Best regards,

Basil
BPman

Post by BPman »

nicodemus38 wrote:and don't forget Edgewell has already discontinued manufacturing of schick injector blades already. and claim to have NONE left in their own warehouse/inventory systems.
Source for this info? I can find nothing on the Internet regarding this. As well, Mantic says (at least as of last Fall) they are here to stay for now:

http://sharpologist.com/2015/09/personn ... -stay.html
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

Well a few weeks ago when I was trying to find a source for new made schick injectors from the 200-2003 batch that was basically kept in japan, I ended up contacting edgewell from a lack of anything going on.

I emailed them, and well the email they gave me was that

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to email us about our Schick Injector blades.

Regretfully, this item has been discontinued, and our stock is completely depleted. Due to lack of sufficient consumer interest, it was no longer feasible for us to continue manufacturing this product. Nevertheless, your comments will be passed onto our Marketing Department for future consideration.

We suggest calling razorsdirect.com at 1-888-445-0224 as they will be able to assist you with this product.

Be assured that consumer comments are most important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to contact us. If we can be of further assistance, please call 800-742-8377.
Thanks,

Michael Spivey
Consumer Affairs
Edgewell Personal Care
001768127A
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

that was from the horses mouth so I BELIEVE the response they gave. sure not everyone in customer service is smart, or knows everything, but....
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

razors direct does have schick injector blades listed in stock, more expensive then my local pharmacy..

but I never knew schick still had schick branded DE blades..
BPman

Post by BPman »

Well, since they're the new owner it does appear to be true. As for the modern Schick DE blades, they are made in China and not worth a damn. Yes, I have used them. They shave like a crappy Dorco.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tom, thanks for that information. There's a small family business down in Texas who's just now introducing a newly designed stainless single edge razor with interchangeable safety bars offering a mild/medium/aggressive progression of settings, and it looks a lot like a Pal SE razor of the past. I am wondering if there is anyone else who still makes SE blades.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

So, it sounds like Schick-brand injector blades have been discontinued. AccuTec, who now sells GEM and Personna blades, offers GEM SE and Personna Injector blades. These don't appear to be in jeopardy.

By the way, AccuTec can be accessed through URLs that would refer to ASR:

http://asrco.com/
http://www.personnablades.com/

Note that http://www.personna.com goes to an apparently Edgewell site featuring cartridge and disposable razors.

As Basil said, this would be a good time to stock up on the well regarded Chinese-made Schick Injector blades, while they are still available.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

For those who want to secure an ample supply of injector blades I just checked and they are in stock (both Schick and Personna) at Connaught. Personna is in stock at Bullgoose and possibly Lees Safety Razors. I didn't check with Razor Blades and More, but my point is that for anyone who is interested, now would probably be a really good time to get some blades. Personally, I haven't found an injector razor that shaves close enough to suit me, and I probably haven't actually used an injector razor in 5 years, and don't have any plans to do so in the future. I have several magazines of injector blades, and that's all I need.

EDIT: Amazon has an abundance of Schick injector blades.
Gary