the actual creators

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
nicodemus38

the actual creators

Post by nicodemus38 »

Here is the thing, we bicker over the companies, the premise behind each thing. but heres the kicker.

One man was behind the patent for the Gillette tech. his creation was built until the final bitter end of the Gillette razors. And are still being produced in a bastardized form in india for Gillette.

Murros and Kundl are responsible for the TTO and the adjustable razors. Even for the Astra when you look at actual patents.

SO tell me who was more influential, the two men who are on almost every Gillette patent after 1935. Or the one man on the Tech patent, the only patent he appears on.
brothers

Re: the actual creators

Post by brothers »

What would your response be? I don't know personally, I've never thought about it. But I will say Gillette was the man who made it happen. I realize he sold his company early on, but the successors only took what he had started and it's still going strong. If those guys worked for him, I hope he compensated them well for their contributions to his creation.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

I think scampleton and the tech patent are the most important things that Gillette was ever put on patent wise. its the benchmark that all razors are judged upon, and is still made although in a bastardized form that isn't really recognizable to an original.

Murros and Khunl made some beautiful designs that were never made. Khunl made some beautiful schick style injector designs for the Gillette company. For most of 1940-1960 if schick made a patent design, Gillette had a slightly different model under their name.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Just a small point... they created nothing. They took what had already been created and made something out of it.

Why does everyone today think they "create". If they did they could make something out of absolutely nothing. I have yet to see that happen.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

ShadowsDad wrote:Just a small point... they created nothing. They took what had already been created and made something out of it.

Why does everyone today think they "create". If they did they could make something out of absolutely nothing. I have yet to see that happen.
Brian, that's a darn good thought. Something to think about . . . 8)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444