Tough Blade

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Ouchmychin

Tough Blade

Post by Ouchmychin »

Has anyone seen Brett Farve's ad for Tough Blade Razors? It is online at toughblade.com. I saw it on TV this morning and did a search. They are claiming that the blades last for over a month because each blade is Teflon coated. I am not going to quote any more of the ad, but I wondered if any one has seen the ad and if anyone has tried them. Price seems to be cheaper than Fusion or Hydro razors and blades if they are any good. I just bought a new Fusion proglide razor and one blade and bid $3.50 for the razor and one blade and had to pay $4 for shipping. (I got took because I forgot to check the shipping before I bid).
Ouchmychin (Pete)
BPman

Re: Tough Blade

Post by BPman »

Ironically, I once did an Internet search for the source of those razors and found nothing. However, if I had to bet I would say they are Dorco just as the $1 Shave Club ones are. No way in Hell is a Dorco blade going to last a month unless you are shaving peach fuzz or you lock the razor up for a month. :wink:
J T

Post by J T »

A lot of blades have a PTFE (Teflon) coating.
~ Jack
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

These are disposable head plastic razors with 3-4 blades. Orange. Comes with a free moustache trimmer.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

do you get a discount if you dont own a moustache???? LOL...sorry, couldnt resist
de gustibus non est disputandum