Gillette Goal Super Platinum

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
BPman

Gillette Goal Super Platinum

Post by BPman »

I have been using this blade recently and like it so well that I recently ordered 100. There only seems to be one vendor of these in North America and he's on Amazon.
Anyway, these are made in the Shanghai, China factory to the best of my research. As many know it's extremely hard to get AUTHENTIC Chinese blades as the market is rife with counterfeit ones with estimates ranging as high as 90% sold on the Internet being fraudulent. Fortunately, with this vendor (whom I have used before with total satisfaction) he sold me some sample tucks and I was very pleased.

I have had five perfect shaves so far using a Krona and different Gillette Tech models and have no doubt it will go for a few more. It's obvious Gillette is
producing superb blades in China with this one. It reminds me of a top tier Russian Gillette blade. If asked, I would rate it above the Astra SP as it shaves just as smooth, but has that last bit of subjective "hardness" in its feel that I get from their top tier blades which is surely their superb coating/sputtering process. Those of you who love the modern Gillette blades know what I mean, but it can be hard to put into words.

I am very impressed. Of course, when you reach this level of blade making all the top tier ones seem to meld into one and any further winnowing of the "herd" is purely subjective.

https://www.amazon.com/Goal-Double-Edge ... B007YMQG28
brothers

Re: Gillette Goal Super Platinum

Post by brothers »

I haven't heard of these blades before. The price with free shipping is quite reasonable. I admit I was not aware that Gillette makes blades in China.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

These blades are news to me, too. Thanks for passing this on to the rest of us, BPman.

- Murray
BPman

Post by BPman »

I have now finished seven perfect shaves with this blade, the Goal Super Platinum by Gillette!!!!! Color me impressed!! Today, to just prove to myself it was holding up I did an ATG pass on my cheeks, something I rarely do. No "chatter" at all. I have used a mixture of a Schick Krona, Gillette Techs & a Rocket "flare tip" in testing this blade. Even though I do a usual 1½ pass shave & a touch up, I have a tough beard that requires lots of thorough prep. That said, I will add that in the past I have never had any modern Gillette blade give me more than six good shaves before going teats up. That leads me to believe that either I've lucked out with this one particular blade or Gillette has really upped their game in Shanghai. :?
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

BPman, this is indeed a revelation, as we haven't heard of any good DE blades coming out of China until these. Nevertheless, there is a whole range of quality products that come out of China, including high-end audio and Schick Injector blades that are superior by far to their counterparts previously made in Germany.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

There are several reviews on other forums going back as far as 2009.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

brothers wrote:There are several reviews on other forums going back as far as 2009.
.......... Are you sure these are the Super Platinums ,and not the older Goal Stainless ?
brothers

Post by brothers »

malocchio wrote:
brothers wrote:There are several reviews on other forums going back as far as 2009.
.......... Are you sure these are the Super Platinums ,and not the older Goal Stainless ?
Ron, I'm not sure of that.
Gary

malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I bought the Stainless about 9 or 10 years ago .....https://www.amazon.ca/Gillette-Stainles ... B004QLEZNM
BPman

Post by BPman »

malocchio wrote:I bought the Stainless about 9 or 10 years ago .....https://www.amazon.ca/Gillette-Stainles ... B004QLEZNM
I still have a hanger of those I bought about three yrs. ago for a song. Best Indian Gillette blade I have used. :wink:

Meanwhile, my hanger of Goal SP came today:

BPman

Post by BPman »

The first blade I took to seven shaves before retiring it, although there was no degradation in shave quality that I could tell. As of today I am up to shave no. TEN on another one which shatters my personal record of approx. seven on various top tier Russian Gillette blades and including "Golden Age" blades. I can now state that this is THE best DE blade that I have ever used, period. YMMV. Must be something in the Shanghai water. :wink:
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

These are expensive for Chinese blades...In Indonesia ,the main importer, a hanger goes for $18.93 USD.....
Attachments
goals.JPG
goals.JPG (179.23 KiB) Viewed 3635 times