Hello I'm New Here

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
thefanofsafetyrazors

Hello I'm New Here

Post by thefanofsafetyrazors »

Hello, everyone. I'm new here. I am a fan of shaving as well as bikes, guitar, art and video games. In shaving, I aim to start a collection of shaving razors ranging from cartridge, safety, and straight. Please note that I'm a beginner and tomorrow I am receiving my very first double edge safety razor in the mail which is a Schick Krona. I am proud to be here. If you want to chat with me you can email me at jonathanchappell75@yahoo.com. Have a great day!
CMur12

Re: Hello I'm New Here

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Jonathan. Hopefully, you'll get along better here.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

let us know how your first shave goes
de gustibus non est disputandum
thefanofsafetyrazors

fallingwickets wrote:let us know how your first shave goes
I sure will ''fallingwickets''. I'm getting my very first double edge safety razor in the mail today.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hello JonathanChappell aka thefanofsafetyrazors! Welcome to SMF. Here's my best advice for someone such as yourself who's just starting out with the wetshaving process. Now that you have your Schick Krona, that is a razor that will last you for many decades of great shaves. You are on the wrong track to think you should instantly become a "collector" of all types of razors, including straight razors and cartridge razors (your own words :D ) Just learn to shave with the Krona and some decent blades and shaving cream and you'll be a happy man who can then begin to branch out to other areas. My personal Krona has lasted at least 40 years before I started to get involved with all this other stuff. I read where you had sent a PM to one fellow and asked him to give you one of his straight razors. That was probably a "bit premature" :) , shall we say. Just take it easy and use the Krona for a while as you figure out what the heck's going on. I hope your relationship with SMF will be a long and productive one. PS, I really hope you are reading the old threads from this forum, as well as all of the others. That's where the learning curve begins.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Welcome to the forum.

Dittos what Gary wrote.

If you want to learn to shave with safety razors stick with one for quite some time. There's information about this in the shave university on this site. If you get a bunch of razors and try to use them your learning progress will be stunted. Same goes for blades and such. The basics must be learned first, then once you absolutely have them nailed, then you can do anything.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
thefanofsafetyrazors

@brothers, I don't have my Shick Krona YET, but it is out for delivery. While writing this I am waiting as patiently as I can, I am anxious. I will update this post when it arrives later.
brothers

Post by brothers »

What blades do you have?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
thefanofsafetyrazors

I have some blades coming with the razor along with a brush and some soap in a round container. I'm not sure which brands the blades are, nor the brush and soap for that matter. I'm getting the razor and the other accessories from a member from another shaving forum named Chaddy. I'll let you know which brands the accessories are when I get them later today.
thefanofsafetyrazors

Please give a break,BPman. I'm not a troll. Another member on Damn Fine Shave was attacking me, breaking the forum's rules.
thefanofsafetyrazors

UPDATE: Hey guys, just got my package. For sure, it's a Shick Krona double edge safety razor with the black handle, along with some blades, a brush, and some soap. I haven't looked at the make and model of the other stuff YET but that's coming up in a bit. This is part 1 of 2 of my update.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Welcome aboard Jonathan, the Schick Krona is a very good choice for any stage of your shaving future. I've been shaving for 50+ years and used a Krona this morning.
Regards,
Squire
thefanofsafetyrazors

Thanks for welcoming me Squire. I appreciate it. :)