How In The World Do You Use A DE Safety Razor?!

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
thefanofsafetyrazors

How In The World Do You Use A DE Safety Razor?!

Post by thefanofsafetyrazors »

Alright, guys I just got my double edge Shick Krona safety razor in the mail along with some accessories, and by looking at the razor, it looks confusing. How in the world do I use this thing? Which side do I use to shave? How do I perform a 30 degree angle? These are the questions I have now and it would be a great help from those who has used this model before. Thanks! :D
brothers

Re: How In The World Do You Use A DE Safety Razor?!

Post by brothers »

1. At the bottom of the handle you will find a knob. Twist it counterclockwise until the 2 opposing "butterfly" doors open. Drop the blade onto the bar that is sticking up between the doors. Tighten the knob and the razor is ready to go. Use either side at random, there are no rules. You should test WITHOUT soap or a blade until you see yourself holding the razor correctly and the approximate angle as you will have seen in the YouTube demo videos.
2. Watch several of the hundreds of YouTube videos that have been posted for actual demonstration shaves. Start out with search terms such as Schick Krona; beginner's guide to using a double edge razor; How to shave, etc.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
thefanofsafetyrazors

Re: How In The World Do You Use A DE Safety Razor?!

Post by thefanofsafetyrazors »

Actually, I know how to install the blades, I was just wondering if you had to use a certain side or use either side. Thanks for the answer anyway. :)