Edwin Jagger Razors. Which handle should I get?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
chris1978

Edwin Jagger Razors. Which handle should I get?

Post by chris1978 »

Hi Gents,

Haven't posted any new topics lately. I've been thinking for days about getting new razors. Edwin Jagger. They are very good and mild razors. I've search the two websites: the English shaving company and edwinjagger.co.uk- Edwin Jagger and they are good price out there. It better than west coast shaving and QEDUSA and others because they are little more expensive.

I'm looking for right razors with the best wet grip for shaving. Here is the lists:

Edwin Jagger DE3D14bl Laser Diamond Handle or black

Edwin Jagger DE86RC14bl- Black Rubber Grip Handle

Edwin Jagger DEKN14- Knurled Extra Grip Handle (Chrome)

I know. They are great but it the same head as DE86 and DE89 but it hard to choose which handle should I get.

I'm going to order the British website than U.S. Vendor because the price a re little cheaper. I'm thinking I'm going the black rubber grip DE86RC14bl.

P.S. Does the knurled and 3D laser diamond handle has both deep knurled? I can't feel it in my hand.

Anyone who has all these razors, what do you think the razors?

Chris A
slackskin

Re: Edwin Jagger Razors. Which handle should I get?

Post by slackskin »

I have the knurled handle and it is fine.

I do not have the black rubber handle, and thus cannot comment on it (although I am thinking of getting it).

The smooth handle on the DE89 is sufficiently grippy as long as I don't have soapy hands.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

slackskin wrote:I have the knurled handle and it is fine.

I do not have the black rubber handle, and thus cannot comment on it (although I am thinking of getting it).

The smooth handle on the DE89 is sufficiently grippy as long as I don't have soapy hands.
This is my experience, also.

Note: Many say that the Edwin Jagger is a mild razor, and compared to many of today's new DE razors, it is. It is decidedly more aggressive than a Gillette Tech or a Super Speed, however, and I would rate it as "moderate." It is too aggressive for me to use it on a regular basis, so it doesn't meet my definition of "mild."

- Murray
pausted

Post by pausted »

I have a DE89 with the lined handle and a Muhle R89 (same head) with the rose gold handle. Neither of these are what I would call "grippy" handles but they work fine as long as you rinse soap off your hand. I've never had a problem with them slipping.
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, it's good to see you posting again. Of the choices you listed, I think I'd opt for the knurled extra grip. My favorite Jagger handle is the Chatsworth chrome.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444