Best Blade Combination For the Parker 99R/96R (TTO)

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
idan

Best Blade Combination For the Parker 99R/96R (TTO)

Post by idan »

What is the Best Blade Combination For the Parker 99R/96R (TTO-Twist To Open Head) ?

Thank you very much ...[​IMG]
slackskin

Re: Best Blade Combination For the Parker 99R/96R (TTO)

Post by slackskin »

The best blade in any given razor will vary from one guy to the next, depending on your particular skin and beard. And to complicate things, the best blade for you as an individual will vary from razor to razor. Exploration is really the only way to tell.

May I recommend ordering a blade sampler pack from one of the internet shaving sites.

Sorry this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but in truth there is no single answer that works for all.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Idan, welcome to SMF!

Experience varies a lot here, as slackskin indicated. One shaver's favorite blade is disliked by others. There are certain blades that are especially popular, but that doesn't guarantee that they will work best for you.

Many have found that certain blades work in certain razors, but that has not been my own experience. In my case, my favorite blades are my favorite blades in all of the razors I have used. It is possible that this is so because my selection of razors has been limited to mild/gentle to moderate ones, as it could also be attributed to the uniqueness of individual experience. Hopefully, members here who have found certain blades to work best for them with the razor in question will contribute to this thread.

You might start with some blades that have had virtually universal acceptance, such as Astra, Personna Med Prep ("Hospital Use"), Crystal, and Red Pack Israeli Personnas. From there you could branch out to the multitude of excellent DE blades on the market.

- Murray
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have also liked several of the blades made in St. Petersburg, Russia. 7'Oclock Super (yellow box), Polsilver, Irridium Super.
Ouchmychin (Pete)