Dollar General DE Blades made in Vietnam

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Tucker

Dollar General DE Blades made in Vietnam

Post by Tucker »

I acquired some of these which were 5 for a dollar. They come in a blade dispenser that looks a lot like American Personnas. However, these are rumored to be made by Dorco according to other shaving forums. I was not expecting much, but I popped one in my Above The Tie R1, and got a damn fine shave. The ATT R1 is a blade finicky razor, and thus far I've only liked Polsilver SI's in it after trying numerous other brands. These blades would be a nice option for travel if one intends to purchase DE Blades on the other end. They really hit a price point compared to some other away from home options, like the ones at Walgreen's.
poppi

Re: Dollar General DE Blades made in Vietnam

Post by poppi »

I picked up some of these locally cuz when I saw them I just couldn't resist checking them out. They work fine for me too. Nice to have alternatives isn't it?
BPman

Re: Dollar General DE Blades made in Vietnam

Post by BPman »

Being a Dorco blade they are merely average IMO. I've used a couple, but won't do so again. You know, you can pack all the DE blades you want in a checked luggage bag, just not a carry on. If staying longer just mail yourself a pckg. with your stuff ahead of time. People do this all the time legally with firearms when not wanting to go through the TSA hassle.