PAA Prismatic DE Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Re: PAA Prismatic DE Razor

Post by brothers »

I enjoyed using the Prismatic for a few days, and now I'm putting it in the box with my other razors. It was just fine, but today I went with the Rocket HD500/Kai combo again, and it's obvious I should stay with the Rocket. I'm glad I have the Prismatic, just not a game-changer in my case.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

brothers wrote:I enjoyed using the Prismatic for a few days, and now I'm putting it in the box with my other razors. It was just fine, but today I went with the Rocket HD500/Kai combo again, and it's obvious I should stay with the Rocket. I'm glad I have the Prismatic, just not a game-changer in my case.

After more usage I agree with this. Fortunately, my Techs & my Krona have forgiven my brief "infidelity". :oops: :wink:
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

I tend to agree. It is a decent razor, and a unique concept, but didn't really have a hook for me. I'm glad it is in my collection, but it probably won't see much use. I tried the DOC, and found it to be too mild with Polsilver SI. I will try a Feather in it next, and I prefer the DOC a bit more than the Prismatic.
BPman

Post by BPman »

http://sharpologist.com/2016/11/prismat ... aking.html

After more usage and tinkering I agree with Mantic on this one. I refused to give up and learned its perks & angles so to speak and was rewarded with simply stellar performance. Incredible razor when used properly.
brothers

Post by brothers »

BPman wrote:http://sharpologist.com/2016/11/prismat ... aking.html

After more usage and tinkering I agree with Mantic on this one. I refused to give up and learned its perks & angles so to speak and was rewarded with simply stellar performance. Incredible razor when used properly.
One small thing, Joe Borrelli was the author of the excellent review that was published in Sharpologist.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

As a result of even more continued usage with this lil' gem and other causes I have sold all my other DE razors, except for one Krona, two Techs & a "flare tip". Regardless, the shaves I am getting after taking the time to learn this razor are just simply fantastic. Because of the vast bade exposure I can easily adjust the angle for any contour on my face. That's the best way I can find to describe it. And to think the razor this was based upon utilized the safety bar concept almost ten years before Gillette!! I'm glad I didn't give up on it right away.

I thought I'd bring this thread back to life in case any new people are wondering what DE razor to buy. I cannot recommend this one enough. =D>