Razorock Hawk

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Tucker

Razorock Hawk

Post by Tucker »

I have three shaves in with the Chrome Hawk with Feather Pro Guard Blades. A magazine of 15 blades cost more than the razor did! I have gotten three great shaves, and I wouldn't change anything about the razor. I like it's light weight and efficiency. It was very intuitive, and I don't find the head to be too wide. I had read about Corey Greenberg's experimentation with the "Featherjector" which was a vintage butterscotch Schick Injector with cut down Feather AC Blades. For him it caused "skin thinning" with prolonged use. I think I'll stick with Guarded Blades going forward, and try to get a number of shaves out of them.
brothers

Re: Razorock Hawk

Post by brothers »

I used my Hawk today for the first time, in combination with the Kai Captain Mild blade. It didn't irritate and didn't feel harsh. Felt quite comfortable. I was very happy with the shave. Will keep using it for the next several days. It's very lightweight (aluminum head and handle, evidently). Tomorrow I'll use a heavier handle just to see how it performs.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

That's great news Gary. I'll have to try the Kai Milds. Normally, I'm not a fan of flipping blades between shaves for DE's, but I am experimenting with it in these Feather AC Razors. I am still trying to resist a OneBlade purchase before they raise their prices!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Using the Hawk 4 days it seems quite satisfactory. The past 3 days I've used the handle from an IKON Shavecraft 101. It's a heavier handle, and it seems to be a good fit for my expectations. Regarding the blade, I've just arranged to swap someone for 2 boxes of Feather Pro blades to go along with my Kai Captain Titan blades. I've used Feathers before in the Mongoose, and no doubt it's a great blade.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

The $20 Hawk is a thing of beauty and with the Feather Pro, it's an outstanding shaving tool. I make it a stable-mate to my other outstanding razor, the Gillette Rocket HD500. I have no complaints whatsoever, except, I suppose, that it seems perpetually out of stock at that price.
Gary

Tucker

Post by Tucker »

I finally got around to trying the Razorock Hawk with a Kai Captain Mild Blade. I have exclusively only used Feather Guarded Blades in the Hawk, with no desire to try the Feather Professional unguarded blades in it. The Kai Captain Mild Blade was the equal of the Feather ProGuard in every respect, and is a cheaper alternative. I will continue to use the Feather ProGuard Blade in the Ikon El Jefe Blem which is a somewhat aggressive razor. I will also continue to use the Feather Professionals exclusively in the Colonial General Razor which is the mildest of the bunch.
brothers

Post by brothers »

It was just 3 months ago when I posted above about how well I liked the Hawk and the Rocket. Who would have guessed The General was coming.
Gary

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

The Hawk is a great razor, and I love the price, $25. The black is out of stock. The Kai Mild did well on it, and I have a Feather Pro to compare it to. Since I used the Artist Club before, I could go a bit more aggressive, but if the Kai can last, I can find 100 blades on ebay for around $60 it looks like. So maybe twice as much as Feather DE blades, not bad
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

2nd shave with the Razorrock Hawk single edge blade, with a Kai Mild blade in it. Close shave on the cheeks, but still a little stubble at the base of the neck, even with blade buffing. I like the proce point for it ($25 for the chrome, the black one is out of stock) and can get a deal on 100 Kai blades on ebay, but it may turn out to be a bit mild for my tastes, in which case I can grab maybe a DE with Feather or Perrsonna med prep blades
brothers

Post by brothers »

Decisions, decisions . . . :D
Gary