stainless steel blade report

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
mrjediconsular

stainless steel blade report

Post by mrjediconsular »

hello everyone since i finished all the stainless steel blades i thought i would give you my thoughts i will probaly not do this in one post.

so i have somewhere between moderate to heavy beard growth. i also tested all the blades with maca root shave cream.

so to start off i will start with my favorite blades out of the blades

gillete nacets: these blades were the 2nd ones i tried when i started my journey. these were the blades that cofirmed that i made the right move to switch DE, these blades were a a great mix between smothness and sharpness these blades if i shaved everyday i could get one full week if i took care of them. i only nicked myself once with these blades and it was because i had a muscle spasam while doing a pass but other the most pain free and closest shaves i got
Jordan
Ouchmychin

Re: stainless steel blade report

Post by Ouchmychin »

What were the rest of the blades and how do you rate them?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

A friend gave me a pack of Nacet blades that he bought in Iran, along with the Iranian-made Tiz blades that I really like.

I'll need to break out the Nacets and give them a try. Thanks for the review, Jordan.

- Murray
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

ok so the next blade i will reveiw is the worst ones for me which sadly are the feathers i had high hopes for these blades but they felt like a cartrige razor blade rough, not smotth, and dosent last long two shaves maybe three. but i did get the closest shaves ever but the experience was not the greatest.
Jordan
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I agree. A few years ago I was amazed at how sharp the Feathers were and bought a hundred. Now they lay in my blade collection and I grimace when I try to use one. Also, I no longer like the shave from one. And all those nicks. Ugh
Ouchmychin (Pete)