WSJ: Gillette "cutting" prices of razors

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
GA Russell

WSJ: Gillette "cutting" prices of razors

Post by GA Russell »

The wags at the Wall Street Journal say that Gillette is "bleeding" market share!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gillette-b ... 1491303601
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
slackskin

Re: WSJ: Gillette "cutting" prices of razors

Post by slackskin »

For those who do not subscribe to the WSJ, the article can also be found at

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017 ... azors.html
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

the article can also be found at
thanks for the links and the story.

"Among the items getting a price cut: cartridges for the Fusion razor that features five blades in a single head and a special trimmer on the back for hard-to-reach areas. A four-pack that was selling for around $19.50 will now go for closer to $15. On average, prices will fall by 12%, P&G says."

thats a free big mac for me!! :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

There had to be a limit to what P&G could charge for men's shaving. It's still hardly a bargain.

- Murray
SonOfRobert

Post by SonOfRobert »

I don't think they could ever reduce the price to get me to go back to those multi-blade monstrosities. I gave up when they reached the 3 blade cartridge and went back to my old double edge. I put in a new blade every 5 or 6 shaves. Costs me almost nothing. Big Mac my foot. I save enough for a decent dinner out.
AkselVerg

Post by AkselVerg »

Hello everyone, I finally found an active forum dedicated to shaving.
I urgently need (2 weeks left) to choose a gift for my father on his birthday. He has a neat little beard that he loves very much and which he carefully looks after. He has a huge number of all kinds of ointment jars and many things I do not even know how to call)
The bottom line is that he trims his beard by hand using Mom's hairdresser's scissors (I`ll show kind of them in attachment) and it takes a very long time. So I thought maybe he should be given a trimmer?
I did not naturally ask him, that he would not understand what I'm going to give him)
Therefore, I appeal to you. Maybe I do not understand something and properly trim the beard with scissors? Or with a trimmer, it will still be more convenient?
I've googled it a bit and found a few review of the beard trimmers, like these https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/beard-trimmer. But I have no idea how to determine whether they are good or not. Please advise good, not necessarily from the five that I threw off as an example above.
Thank you in advance)
Attachments
Here are such scissors which father trims a beard
Here are such scissors which father trims a beard
профессиональные-барберские-парикмахерские-ножницы-professional-barber-scissors.jpg (13.43 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
AkselVerg

Post by AkselVerg »

Sorry, I hadn`t not found the topic dedicated to trimers, so I asked here) :oops:
brothers

Post by brothers »

AkselVerg wrote:Sorry, I hadn`t not found the topic dedicated to trimers, so I asked here) :oops:
Here's a website you might want to visit. https://www.beardbrand.com/products/bea ... g-scissors
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
AkselVerg

Post by AkselVerg »

brothers wrote:
AkselVerg wrote:Sorry, I hadn`t not found the topic dedicated to trimers, so I asked here) :oops:
Here's a website you might want to visit. https://www.beardbrand.com/products/bea ... g-scissors
Thank you, there are scissors and different sorts of gift sets, but it's interesting to me whether should I give him a trimmer. Or give him a set with special scissors for a beard to stop him using mother's?)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm sure you will make the right decision. You know him best!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
AkselVerg

Post by AkselVerg »

Well, maybe the gift pack, would be the best choice, ty for for that site :D